Mark Stone: People want to see the Golden Knights crash and burn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
FGWL4-4qtiIpdTWTBu7uYwvIe3U=.gif

@hangman005

Reactions: wraithsonwings

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Cheating POS player for a cheating POS organization tries to convince you they are scrappy underdogs.

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
All I can say is that I have been a fan since their inception. My 2nd/3rd favorite team in the league (along with the Lightning).

They beat the system: good for them.
If you say they beat the system it is saying that they have been dishonest when it comes to LTIR

I'm actually not quite there. I remember similar anger when Hossa has an allergic reaction, and people said he was obviously faking, and I joined in with that because it seemed obviously true. And they said that the Hawks were gaming the system

Except, the more you look into it, it becomes obvious that Hossa's issues were for real and the only wiggle room was that players have leeway when it comes to playing with an injury or condition. There was nothing dishonest about how Hossa conducted himself (or the Hawks)

So in other words the issues that Stone has had may have been for real, but maybe if it had happened in the playoffs or early in the season, he would have just played through it. He's allowed to do that, and to go on LTIR and recover instead if he wants, and his motivation for that choice isn't relevant

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
If you say they beat the system it is saying that they have been dishonest when it comes to LTIR

I'm actually not quite there. I remember similar anger when Hossa has an allergic reaction, and people said he was obviously faking, and I joined in with that because it seemed obviously true. And they said that the Hawks were gaming the system

Except, the more you look into it, it becomes obvious that Hossa's issues were for real and the only wiggle room was that players have leeway when it comes to playing with an injury or condition. There was nothing dishonest about how Hossa conducted himself (or the Hawks)

So in other words the issues that Stone has had may have been for real, but maybe if it had happened in the playoffs or early in the season, he would have just played through it. He's allowed to do that, and to go on LTIR and recover instead if he wants, and his motivation for that choice isn't relevant
Doesn't matter to me. They did what they did without breaking the rules.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
I don't care about Vegas, I'm just sick of people crying about LTIR when anyone can do it.
... And it's still BS.
I don't care that everyone can do it.

If players can play, you play them. Otherwise, you are relying on players getting injured at the right time. That's not a skill. People play to watch teams play.

How many times does this smooth brained take need to be regurgitated?

Nothing VGK has done is prohibited by the CBA.
What a cop out.
It seems that the League has recognized the issue, though.

Reactions: Laus723

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Some players on the Knights actually play the whole season. Do those non part-timers feel the same way?

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
In November when Stone is back on LTIR for 3 months, I am sure this thread will be bumped.

Reactions: nturn06

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Original article -

Stone need to spend five minutes reading threads on the oilers on this site

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017

Original article -

Yikes, Stone playing the victim card, what a whinner.

Is there any NHL team who doesn't want the other teams to fail? What makes Vegas special?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

Yes we're very aware that the GMs are all OK with cap circumvention because when it's their turn, they want to be able to do it.

And it's totally coincidence that both Kucherov and Stone were out, but skating, for weeks/months and conveniently got cleared right as the playoffs were starting.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
When you’re one of the best teams in the league since your inaugural season, people tend to be salty

Reactions: Voight

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017

Nothing was against the long term frontloaded contracts in the CBA , yet some teams were penalized with cap recapture.

Also, if I understand right, a year ago the league send an e-mail to teams making it clear that they are not allowed to do what Vegas did with Hertl. Yet, Vegas got a pass.

It seems like when it comes to doing something which is not explicitely prohibited, but against the "spirit" of the CBA, all teams are equal but some are more equal than others.

At the end of the day, the argument that something is not explicitely prohibited by the CBA implicitely admits that maybe it should be. But you are correct, it is technically allowed and the GM's will push this further and further until it will not be allowed anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad