Mark Stone: People want to see the Golden Knights crash and burn

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

theVladiator

May 26, 2018
As far as other teams putting bull's eye on their back, Stone can cry me a river. Every recent Cup champ gets that treatment. Privilege of a winner.

As far fans whining about cup circumvention - please go join Stone in the river crying exercise. No rules were broken. The rules that you would have liked to have in place do not count. Write a letter to the NHL if you must.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
It's that, but also the way they let MAF find out he was traded via Twitter.

That and the way the coaching staff shit on Lehner's performance to the media, even though Lehner was playing hurt, and they wanted him to play through an injury, knowing that he had prior substance abuse issues.

If I had the post I made on this in another thread, I’d just link it here.

People should be blaming Fleury’s agent Allan Walsh for how that went down.

Fleury lost the confidence of the team against MTL in those playoffs, and agreed to being open to a trade. His agent - Walsh - then proceeded to tell any team open to taking in Fleury that retirement was likely, killing return value.

That trade is most definitely a two-way street, and it’s easier for non-VGL-fans to refrain from digging and blame the team, understandably. The full story includes Walsh trying to force McCrimmon’s hand.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
The Golden Asterisks will have their championship stripped sooner or later, the Houston Astros of the NHL, sad, but they will eventually be moved too so hopefully they can get it together in Hamilton or Quebec or maybe even Halifax.

Reactions: WhataKnight

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
The Golden Asterisks will have their championship stripped sooner or later, the Houston Astros of the NHL, sad, but they will eventually be moved too so hopefully they can get it together in Hamilton or Quebec or maybe even Halifax.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I used to hate the ltir thing.
I used to hate the playing a 90 mill roster vs 80 mill roster thing.
I used to hate that the free agents all seem to go there
I used to hate the stone annual injury

Now I'm hoping my oil do the ltir thing with Kane and can send a 90 mill roster to playoffs. I wish our GM's were more like vegas.

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
I wonder how many people also dislike them because of the clear signal that bending over backwards to have the “most successful expansion franchise ever” in the gambling capital of the world was a clear signal that the NHL was chasing sports betting as a revenue stream, and would do some seemingly unsavory things to get it.

Do I exclusively blame VGK for that? No. But the symbolism of their existence being the final sign that gambling was here to stay in this sport makes me like them a hell of a lot less than I otherwise would. If Seattle had done what VGK did, and Vegas never existed, I’d likely care quite a bit less about it.

Reactions: coooldude

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
As sharks fan, I don’t like Vegas in general. Their fan base was born on third base. Having their unprotected 1st next year, I really hope they crash and burn.

Well this post aged well.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Seems like Stone is trying to generate some “us against them “mentality for the team. *shrug*
This and it’s coming off as a bit self important. I don’t think people really care that much about the golden knights much more than other teams that won recently.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Every team cant use the ltir like vegas does, you need chronically injured players with a high enough cap hit to make it worth while.

While not illegal to me it goes against the spirit of competition.

But my real beef is with the league that enable this clownish behaviour.

Anyways the knights need to make this window count they've sold there future to compete in the present with a team that's not so special.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad