Marek Zidlicky

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
For Datsyuk or E.Cole for Datsyuk or Franzén?

If you're going to say E. Cole, I think you should follow it with an 'I', like I just did.

Because when you say E. Cole, I giggle.

He'd love a better abbreviation of his name than E. Cole, I suppose.

jka*

No Franzén in line up for Playoffs. We trade swede for Erik Cole?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
So he has 2 goals in 3 games, which is fantastic.
But we gave up 2 SH goals. I guess it will take some games to get it going.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's very good if you can deal with some defensive lapses and some stupid penalties, sometimes every game with the penalties.

I've even seen him score a couple of very nice goals for a defenseman. I still wouldn't mind re signing him after this year, since we're likely gonna sign a veteran defenseman anyway.

I'd still say he does more good than bad.

He's kinda like Rafalski a little bit. He actually was the closest we ever got to replacing Rafalski for a while there. We've got a few young defenseman now who can step into that role, so he was kind of expendable. We desperately needed a player like him at the time we got him. Actually for years before that even.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Yeah, I don't think Duncan Keith would've prevented that goal.

"You don't have to be old to be Weiss..."
It would have taken a player made of British Steel... But seriously, Zidlicky played just as advertised: Not every play of his makes one happy, but enough plays stand out positively.

Gruß,
BSHH

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
His pass to Weiss on the 1st SH goal was a very bad one.
He, Weiss and Gustavsson were bad on that play.

I am confused. Are you suggesting that we should not have traded for Zidlicky because he made a bad pass that resulted in a goal against? That happens with all defensemen at some point.

I agree with others. The good Zidlicky brings very much outweighs the bad.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I am confused. Are you suggesting that we should not have traded for Zidlicky because he made a bad pass that resulted in a goal against? That happens with all defensemen at some point.

I agree with others. The good Zidlicky brings very much outweighs the bad.

No, I think so far he has done great, quite over my expectations and this move is getting close to A+.
It is just that it will take ~10 games to adjust, he to the team and the team to him.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
No, I think so far he has done great, quite over my expectations and this move is getting close to A+.
It is just that it will take ~10 games to adjust, he to the team and the team to him.

My apologies. I somehow got lost. I agree that some adjustment is necessary, but he seems to be at least on schedule with that adjustment. He really makes Smith much better too.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Love the Priest reference.
You got another thing coming (literally that is): When Zidlicky was born, the Sin after Sin album was being recorded. But before anybody is screaming for vengeance, I hereby vow to stop derailing the thread.

Unlike the trade for Cole (who had a good start with the Red Wings as well), acquiring Zidlicky was almost unanimously expected and sometimes even demanded here. The better he plays, the more that will confirm our opinion - or shall I say expertise?

Gruß,
BSHH

Satrebil

Aug 3, 2006
Michigan
Regardless of rumors that Zidlicky is undeniably returning to NJ next season, the Wings absolutely must try to re-sign him.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
1 G, 2 A so far. Gotta love that guy. Despite his defensive flaws. I'd like to keep him. But guess it's quite unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad