GDT: 9/28/24 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Nashville [Preseason Game 3]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Not getting a lot out of Goncalves, Geekie, Ylonen, Brown, Groshev, and some of the other guys competing for spots tonight

Also, is Sheary's inclusion in 2 of these 3 games a sign that his spot may also be on the line, or am I reading too much into that? Because he hasn't exactly helped his cause either so far

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Not getting a lot out of Goncalves, Geekie, Ylonen, Brown, Groshev, and some of the other guys competing for spots tonight

Also, is Sheary's inclusion in 2 of these 3 games a sign that his spot may also be on the line, or am I reading too much into that? Because he hasn't exactly helped his cause either so far
Bury his ass in the minors and use that cap for Geekie and someone else

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

NHL teams are required to play a certain amount of guys with NHL games, so if it wasn't Sheary, it'd be somebody else in the lineup.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
i’m a bit worried about johansson but then again

Hellebuyck has plenty to lean back on, so you can say it's just the preseason. JJ doesn't really have that great a resume

Last year there were 70 goaltenders that played at least 15 NHL games

Of those 70 - Johansson was 63rd in sv% (.890) and 62nd in gaa (3.37). Not exactly where you want to be.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Nice play by Groshev to Szturc

There's been a few good plays by different individuals, but no consistency. Logan Brown definitely made his mark in the 1st game, and Geekie in the 2nd, but hard to say who has stood out tonight with a lineup full of guys in that competition

LordStanlersCup

Sep 6, 2024
I am suprised that they didn't jumble the lines more than they did, it was very clear none of those lines had any chemistry. Also at this point, the last spot for game 1 is probably between Brown and Geekie.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I am suprised that they didn't jumble the lines more than they did, it was very clear none of those lines had any chemistry. Also at this point, the last spot for game 1 is probably between Brown and Geekie.
Goncalves and probably Ylonen very much in there as well. Unless one of Sheary or Chaffee are actually at risk of not making it (doubtful), there's one full roster spot available, likely between Brown and Goncalves. I'm guessing both actually make the roster, and then when Eyssimont comes back mid to late October, one of them will get waived barring injury. Geekie isn't ready for a regular top 6 role yet, and he'd be wasted in the bottom 6. If he lights it up for the Crunch I could see him being called up this season, but it would be very surprising to see him on the roster before getting some time in with Syracuse.

LordStanlersCup

Sep 6, 2024
Goncalves and probably Ylonen very much in there as well. Unless one of Sheary or Chaffee are actually at risk of not making it (doubtful), there's one full roster spot available, likely between Brown and Goncalves. I'm guessing both actually make the roster, and then when Eyssimont comes back mid to late October, one of them will get waived barring injury. Geekie isn't ready for a regular top 6 role yet, and he'd be wasted in the bottom 6. If he lights it up for the Crunch I could see him being called up this season, but it would be very surprising to see him on the roster before getting some time in with Syracuse.
I don't think Goncalves and Ylonen have had a good enough camp to contest for that spot, they might get another game but they are going to have to really impress. Yes there will be 2 roster spots until eyssimont is available but only 1 likely gets put in the lineup. I don't think Geekie playing 3C would be bad for his development, he could use some AHL time but while the roster spot is available I would like to see what he can do

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I don't think Goncalves and Ylonen have had a good enough camp to contest for that spot, they might get another game but they are going to have to really impress. Yes there will be 2 roster spots until eyssimont is available but only 1 likely gets put in the lineup. I don't think Geekie playing 3C would be bad for his development, he could use some AHL time but while the roster spot is available I would like to see what he can do
Geekie isn't 3C, that's Paul. Goncalves has done his time and improved year over year in Syracuse. He and Brown are very likely first up. Tampa has basically never had a prospect skip Syracuse and go right to the big club, and from.what I've seen of Geekie, while talented, it won't be the case with him either.

LordStanlersCup

Sep 6, 2024
Geekie isn't 3C, that's Paul. Goncalves has done his time and improved year over year in Syracuse. He and Brown are very likely first up. Tampa has basically never had a prospect skip Syracuse and go right to the big club, and from.what I've seen of Geekie, while talented, it won't be the case with him either.
Paul can play wing too, and we are talking about 3 games while eyssimont is out, Geekie would only get an extended look if he does well. Goncalves hasn't had a good enough camp to beat out some of the other guys imo and his numbers aren't that great, comparable to Sokolov who got waived last year. If he plays well in the regular season or there are injuries he might get called up then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad