Marek Zidlicky

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I have been requesting Zidlicky for a while now and am happy with the price paid. He will help out the right side, is a good puck mover, has a very nice shot, can contribute some offense and run a PP unit. I also like that he is a very short-term commitment that won't create a logjam for prospects.

I like what Kenny has done here. I think Cole brings us a bit of something we are lacking (fast, physical forward who crashes the net and plays on the inside). I think he will help combat any case of perimeteritis the team might come down with in the playoffs.

Zidlicky should help with the creation of offense from the back and improve our puck movement. He directly addresses some pretty well defined needs that we had.

Kenny got both players without giving up a first, a roster player or a top prospect and was able to split up the picks between two draft years. I am very happy with his work over the last 48 hours.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Devils fan coming in peace to give you a little idea of what you can expect from Zid. He's a right handed shot, and a good puck mover. He's an excellent at creating offense, but mediocre to terrible at defense depending on what forwards he is matched up against. He was a nice piece for the Devils in our 2012 playoff run which seems like eons ago now, but he falters when he is expected to be a minute muncher in the top four. He's good on the power play or with a stay-at-home defenseman to make sure his defensive lapses aren't too costly. Used properly, he'll contribute more offensively than he detracts defensively. I hope he's part of at least a playoff push to the finals for you:D

Appreciate your posting, thanks. Really liking that trade and curious about our "new" d-pairings. How is he doing on the PP?

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
here is what I posted in the other thread from the deal itself.....you'll love zid. most people don't appreciate what he is. he has so much skill and creativity on the backend. real nice slapper too, when he uses it plus obviously a lot of experience. defensive deficiencies are way overblown IMO. his best asset is ability to make plays happen from the point in the offensive zone, whether it be his shot, a finesse move around the forward covering his area or a slick pass. he might even be better at even strength in terms of creating.

Aug 6, 2012
here is what I posted in the other thread from the deal itself.....you'll love zid. most people don't appreciate what he is. he has so much skill and creativity on the backend. real nice slapper too, when he uses it plus obviously a lot of experience. defensive deficiencies are way overblown IMO. his best asset is ability to make plays happen from the point in the offensive zone, whether it be his shot, a finesse move around the forward covering his area or a slick pass. he might even be better at even strength in terms of creating.

Thanks for the post. Exactly what this team needs.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Thanks for the post. Exactly what this team needs.

Yep. I really thought unless we can improve 5-5 GF/GA we wouldn't go far.

I've read that Cole was one of the top players 5-5 in Dallas.
If Zid can help in that department that would be great.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

Be ready for a few of these also apparently:

http://video.devils.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2014020080-441-ingame-h

Love the trade though all the same, especially at the price (hopefully he can provide the kind of offence he's capable of in the examples you found). Maybe pair him with someone like DDK to coverup his d-zone shortcomings?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Holland sure love old players.

Anyways, im ok with this trade.

Good skills and quite physical aswell.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Kronwall was really complimentary of him. Sounds like he's excited to have another high skill guy around.

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
What's so exciting here IMO is that Zidlicky gives the Wings a true one-time threat from the point. We haven't seen that since Lidstrom. That's basically been a tool the Wings have had to do without, because they didn't have the personnel to pull it off. So a very dangerous PP gets even more dangerous.

If you watch his videos on NHL.com, he scores a LOT of his goals on the left side with a one-timer, Ovechkin/Kovalchuk style.

Top Shelfer

Bingo Bango!
Dec 22, 2008
The Motor City
He gets under opponents skin and will fight though I never seen him win a throw down.
Like to see Marchenko paired with Kronwall and Zidlicky perhaps stuck with Errorson to see if that would help Kronwall because all season that pairing has stunk defensively.
Not expecting much offense but hopefully smart passing and sound d-zone decisions.

Danja

Oct 16, 2004
Los Angeles
I'm very excited to see what he brings to the team :). Can't wait to watch the next game.

On a side note, does the surname Zidlicky mean anything in Czech or Slovak? The prefix seems like it could be taken offensively in Russian...

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'm very excited to see what he brings to the team :). Can't wait to watch the next game.

On a side note, does the surname Zidlicky mean anything in Czech or Slovak? The prefix seems like it could be taken offensively in Russian...

Remember this from a different thread and your memory isn't wrong. Found it.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=74263795

Post 185.

Also like that in this thread, abdlekader is down the page a little more and means in Arabic

Abdel = Servant/worshiper of
Kader = The powerful

Given his line placements for the last couple years, I will say so.:laugh:

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Last edited:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Be ready for a few of these also apparently:

http://video.devils.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2014020080-441-ingame-h

Love the trade though all the same, especially at the price (hopefully he can provide the kind of offence he's capable of in the examples you found). Maybe pair him with someone like DDK to coverup his d-zone shortcomings?

Its funny. The second you posted that link I knew exactly what was coming next :cry:

Wow, I had no idea he was such a creative offensive player.

Hes very unique. You would think he is a forward with some of the stuff he does.

My favorite goal of his

Lou said we got better offers for him, but he took this because of Zid's NTC. He wanted to go to Detroit and I will 100% be rooting for you guys this year. Partly because I want the 2nd round pick lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad