Marek Zidlicky

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This is exactly why I have wanted this guy. Best shot on our blue-line. Give him a contract now.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
If Zid will re-sign a one year deal say no thanks to Dion and sign Green. Then run this d

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Zid
Ericsson-Marchy
Kindl
XO (in Gr, first call up)

Trade Quincey and Smith in the offseason for picks or upgrades up front.

We'll never see it but 3 LH-RH pairings and each of them has at least one guy who can effectively move the puck out of the zone, yes please.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Unfortunately as a result of being out of the playoffs and given his age and our defense situation, we had to move on from Zidlicky and get something for him while we could, because otherwise he was nothing but solid for us on and off the ice and would still likely be a Devil.

Glad to see him continuing to do well with you guys.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
It's all really just PR work by the cold-hearted Red Wing brass.

Even Zidlicky's goals are orchestrated I tell you. It's a conspiracy to sell tickets.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
7 points in 7 games for Zidlicky, including 3 goals. He's been what the doctor ordered for the offense from the backend, despite how the team has played as a whole.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Glad he's working out for you guys. IF (huge if) he signs back with NJ (since he claims to love it so much) how about we run this trade back again next deadline?

Except this time pretty please make it a second.

Thanks!

On a serious note I doubt he comes back given our young D situation. I really enjoyed his game and felt he got a bad rap around the league for being on a bad team. I still maintain that he was worth every bit of a second, possibly more, had it not been for that NTC.

Now go out there and win your conference, thanks.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Glad he's working out for you guys. IF (huge if) he signs back with NJ (since he claims to love it so much) how about we run this trade back again next deadline?

Except this time pretty please make it a second.

Thanks!

On a serious note I doubt he comes back given our young D situation. I really enjoyed his game and felt he got a bad rap around the league for being on a bad team. I still maintain that he was worth every bit of a second, possibly more, had it not been for that NTC.

Now go out there and win your conference, thanks.

I dont think its a big IF. His family is in NJ, his kids just started school here. He doesnt want to leave the area and neither does his family. Im pretty sure he will be back in NJ (The only reason why he wouldnt would be cause of the amount of D we have)

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
If Zid will re-sign a one year deal say no thanks to Dion and sign Green. Then run this d

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Zid
Ericsson-Marchy
Kindl
XO (in Gr, first call up)

Trade Quincey and Smith in the offseason for picks or upgrades up front.

We'll never see it but 3 LH-RH pairings and each of them has at least one guy who can effectively move the puck out of the zone, yes please.

I'm the absolute minority here, but I don't want Green. His injuries and inconsistencies scare me. Mostly his Injuries. I know he's has a good year, but what are the odds he can sustainably be healthy throughout the year? Our defense is an issue as it is. Losing a guy potentially can make our defense worse.

I wanted to watch the caps/rags game last week only to be disappointed that Green was out.

I love Zid so far and I hope we re-sign him and trade for Phaneuf. DP automatically becomes our second best defenseman and Zid Will provide a RHS.

Our pp will consist of RH-LH on both units depending on whether or not Pulks plays.

Kronwall-Ouellet
DK-Phaneuf
Ericsson-Zid

Smith and Q traded.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I dont think its a big IF. His family is in NJ, his kids just started school here. He doesnt want to leave the area and neither does his family. Im pretty sure he will be back in NJ (The only reason why he wouldnt would be cause of the amount of D we have)

Always liked Zidlicky. Now he looks to be on fire even more than he was in NJ. Thank you so much for loaning him to us. Lets hope we "have" to give you the best pick possible. Get Zids the Cup. Maybe he returns to jersey next year... Maybe a year after that after 2 cups :P LOL LOL.

But seriously, really like this player. I hope our pick turns out to help you guys in the future. I know he only waived to come to us, so you had to except less return than he was worth. GL NJ in the future. My hatred of NJ ended with C. Lemieux :P No offense LOL LOL.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I know it's probably useless to do comparisons in such a small sample size and with players in different systems, but...

Sine the TDL:

Yandle 7games 1pt (1g, 0a)

Zid 7games 7pts (3g, 4a)

Yandle cost a bluechip prospect (basically equivalent Mantha or Larkin) + 2015 2nd + 2016 1st + a roster player

Zid cost... a conditional 3rd

Might be a bit too early to draw any definite conclusions here, but I think Holland did alright on this one. I agree with other people here -- hope this guy resigns. He's been real gud so far.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'm the absolute minority here, but I don't want Green. His injuries and inconsistencies scare me. Mostly his Injuries. I know he's has a good year, but what are the odds he can sustainably be healthy throughout the year? Our defense is an issue as it is. Losing a guy potentially can make our defense worse.

I wanted to watch the caps/rags game last week only to be disappointed that Green was out.

I love Zid so far and I hope we re-sign him and trade for Phaneuf. DP automatically becomes our second best defenseman and Zid Will provide a RHS.

Our pp will consist of RH-LH on both units depending on whether or not Pulks plays.

Kronwall-Ouellet
DK-Phaneuf
Ericsson-Zid

Smith and Q traded.

I am.debating whether or not Q should be subbed in for big rig.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
We've gone after Edler, Bouwmeester, Boyle, Niskanen, et al in recent years. Why is it unrealistic that we go after Green?

Agreed. There's not way KH doesn't go after Green. Whether or not he signs will come down to how much money he will demand and whether or not he will want to come to Detroit.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
We've gone after Edler, Bouwmeester, Boyle, Niskanen, et al in recent years. Why is it unrealistic that we go after Green?

If they went after Niskanen, they'll go after Green. They have all the same issues in their game and so forth.

Zidlicky would be a nice addition even if the Wings, by some miracle, land Green. Adding two right shots, that can score, plus having Marchenko would be huge to the back end.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Seeing this guy on the blueline is so refreshing. He's calm, makes good decisions and gets shots through. It's something we've been missing since Lidstrom/Rafalski. I'll take some defensive lapses and penalties, though hopefully he and we can find ways to minimize those come playoff time.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Let's be realistic here. There is no way we go after mike green.

They'll kick the tires.

I doubt anybody thought we'd ever have a defenseman this season who could score 3 goals in 7 games haha.

For real. And not just those but he's got a few assists from tip ins and stuff as well. Very productive.

The RH shots on the PP cannot be overrated. It makes a big difference.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Absolute steal right now

Id like to sign him again.. But That means that smith would have to go and Im not to sure I would do that unless the wings go Deep into the playoffs this year

Kronner
Danny D
Young Gun
Quincey/Big E
Zid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad