Recalled/Assigned: Marco Kasper - Emergency Recall

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't necessarily disagree.

For me, the length of the drought along with the fact that i don't see a Stanley Cup contender materializing before my eyes, is starting to take it's toll. Now this is ofcourse subjective, and if you feel like you see a future Stanley Cup contender i understand why you feel different.

I've mentioned it before, but i will a 100% blame Yzerman for the state of the defense. The vets that he's signed, for quite some money aswell, are just not doing it. We haven't had a OK defense since Kronwall and even then we complained, you have to go back to Lidström to find a good defense. After 5 years i would have expected us not to only being able to depend on Seider.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that i'm seeing cracks... Hope i'm wrong, and i'm not totally a doomer yet.
I like to see end of the season Kane and Tarasenko gone, instead get solid top 4 defansman.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
But no, since Yzerman has come, they have stabilized and turned it around and it would be a shock if they missed the playoffs this year.
Really? Are you saying the Wings are a lock for a playoff spot after being completely outplayed in the first 5 games?

They've played so poorly that I'm now projecting Kasper to stay up with the club instead of getting sent back to GR. Whatever deficiencies he may have, he's still better than half the forwards if not more, and I think both Stevie and Lalonde are desperate to get into the playoffs. Mazur will probably still spend the season in GR unless there are serious injuries that takes a player out for more than a month.

Anyways, would it make you guys feel better if I said historically mediocre? LOL.

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
Did you spend the last couple of days trying to think of a way to twist Kasper's emergence into a negative?
899.jpg

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Did you spend the last couple of days trying to think of a way to twist Kasper's emergence into a negative?
Oh c'mon, nobody is THAT contrarian. I mean, something like that is completely backwards from everything that these boards should be about.

It's so backwards that it needs its own word. Like, what's Red Wing spelled backw...

Nevermind.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
I think there’s a middle ground between Buffalo and Detroit lol. Buffalo brings up kids way too early - I’m not saying to do that either. I’m not saying all of Mazur, Kasper, Danielson, Cossa, ASP, MBN, Buchelnikov, Lombardi should be in the team this year. That’s what Buffalo has done and that obviously doesn’t work.

But also 0 rookies isn’t good either.
i agree with you to some degree. Over the pass few years they have to be keen on adding roughly 1 rookie a year (2 when needed, raymond n seider). This year they had added johansson and (maybe?) kasper. Next year guessing at least 1 of cossa, mazur, danielson, etc.

If we get roughly 1.5 rookies a year i think thats a decent balance of building a team first culture/not setting up rookies to fail/ making sure rookies are as ready as possible etc

EDIT not sure on exactly on timeline for every1 but guessing players like wallinder, soderblom, tuomisto will b getting NHL looks whenever they become waiver exempt, so could be cramming a lot of rookies in the roster over next couple years

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
i agree with you to some degree. Over the pass few years they have to be keen on adding roughly 1 rookie a year (2 when needed, raymond n seider). This year they had added johansson and (maybe?) kasper. Next year guessing at least 1 of cossa, mazur, danielson, etc.

If we get roughly 1.5 rookies a year i think thats a decent balance of building a team first culture/not setting up rookies to fail/ making sure rookies are as ready as possible etc

EDIT not sure on exactly on timeline for every1 but guessing players like wallinder, soderblom, tuomisto will b getting NHL looks whenever they become waiver exempt, so could be cramming a lot of rookies in the roster over next couple years
Yeah and I guess you can throw Edvinsson full time NHL this year into that mix as well. So they might be looking at 3 rookies added just this year, 2 of which are considered pretty high end.

All these extra 2nd and later extra picks that have been added to the system the last while are going to start running out of exemption in the coming years. They wont be able to add all of them as rookies, but this is the point where if they look like they could be NHLers, Yzerman can swing some trades for some immediate help.

At the deadline last year I remember reading a lot of chatter about teams really liking Wallinder for example. But if you're adding/have Seider, Edvinsson, ASP, others in GR+ the system, you can afford to move a Wallinder in a package for a right handed damn to play with Edvinsson for example.

The rebuild is actually coming to a point where a lot of it is going to end up on NHL ice instead of in the minors/junior like we've followed the last few years

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad