Recalled/Assigned: Marco Kasper - Emergency Recall

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't necessarily disagree.

For me, the length of the drought along with the fact that i don't see a Stanley Cup contender materializing before my eyes, is starting to take it's toll. Now this is ofcourse subjective, and if you feel like you see a future Stanley Cup contender i understand why you feel different.

I've mentioned it before, but i will a 100% blame Yzerman for the state of the defense. The vets that he's signed, for quite some money aswell, are just not doing it. We haven't had a OK defense since Kronwall and even then we complained, you have to go back to Lidström to find a good defense. After 5 years i would have expected us not to only being able to depend on Seider.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that i'm seeing cracks... Hope i'm wrong, and i'm not totally a doomer yet.
I like to see end of the season Kane and Tarasenko gone, instead get solid top 4 defansman.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
But no, since Yzerman has come, they have stabilized and turned it around and it would be a shock if they missed the playoffs this year.
Really? Are you saying the Wings are a lock for a playoff spot after being completely outplayed in the first 5 games?

They've played so poorly that I'm now projecting Kasper to stay up with the club instead of getting sent back to GR. Whatever deficiencies he may have, he's still better than half the forwards if not more, and I think both Stevie and Lalonde are desperate to get into the playoffs. Mazur will probably still spend the season in GR unless there are serious injuries that takes a player out for more than a month.

Anyways, would it make you guys feel better if I said historically mediocre? LOL.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Personally, I think the biggest problem with the team is the coach, not the players. He seems incapable of adjusting strategies, defensive zone coverage, and breakouts.

Reactions: norrisnick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad