This Pittsburgh Penguins Act is Getting Old

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
A lot of people are blaming Sullivan which i don't disagree with. He probably should have been fired a couple years ago already but a lot of the blame falls on Dubas as well given he built that shit heap the Penguins currently call a defense.

Letang; not his fault, that deal was signed before he came to town. I would advise you stop playing him like it's 2014 Letang but what do i know?

Karlsson; there were multiple people shouting from the rooftops that he looked better than he actually was because the Sharks being so trash and they essentially let him play rover which led to the 100 point season. As it turns out, put him in an environment where more is expected of him and...yeah, pretty much. Except now they're not really getting the offensive production either.

Graves: Why he decided this guy needed a 6 year contract is a question that confused everyone when pen was put to paper and even more so now.

Grzelcyk: Not nearly as damning since it's only a one year deal but this is another guy he thought he knew better on. Gryz hasn't been the same since injuries piled up and for some reason, the Pens are still giving him over 20 minutes a night per hockey reference.

And then there's the matter of the Jarry deal. I don't think he did anything to really earn that given he always seems to be a problem for the Pens when it matters most, but Dubas thought otherwise.

Best part is they can't fix this short term either. Too much money tied up in awful longer team deals. Welcome to the same dungeon the post 2014 Kings had to dwell in, Pens fans.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
It's just a retirement tour where we can celebrate milestones at this point. Hopefully while adding futures for the post Crosby+Malkin era. I think most Pens fans have made peace with that.

Some good trade bait at this deadline with Lars Eller and Marcus Pettersson that could help teams.

Reactions: sanscosm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad