Marc Bergevin to meet with media before Vancouver game - 5:15pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
A controlled media asking fluff question to MB to make it him look good. "Were building through the draft and trading for a center men is hard."

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Maybe it will be good news or something positive....like Joe Morrow signing a 5 year extension

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
heres hoping he announces building a cup contenting team can only be done thru the draft and that it starts now. It might take a few years.... And hes holding this press to have the media and the fans understand the rebuilding direction. A man can dream!!

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
heres hoping he announces building a cup contenting team can only be done thru the draft and that it starts now. It might take a few years.... And hes holding this press to have the media and the fans understand the rebuilding direction. A man can dream!!

He’s unfortunately too proud of a man to do anything like that. He genuinely believes he has built a good hockey club. It’s a ridiculous thought, but the man is blinded by the shit storm that’s in front of him. Ironic is the fact that he himself has built this shit storm.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm betting he points to the record since Prices return.

"We're in that cluster when we're healthy".

"Its tough without your best players"

Can't wait to hear his thoughts on Drouin and Galchy. Likely to strike a chord and see him mock reporters per usual.

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He’s unfortunately too proud of a man to do anything like that. He genuinely believes he has built a good hockey club. It’s a ridiculous thought, but the man is blinded by the **** storm that’s in front of him. Ironic is the fact that he himself has built this **** storm.
Hey, Montoya was a good start!!:thumbu::nod:

Reactions: dralaf

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Bergevin to meet with Kangaroo court tomorrow..LOL. Make him jump off the stage with a couple eggs under his armpits..LOL

Reactions: lostriver

MacH86

Nov 7, 2016
Anyone want a make a bet that he denies he’s shopping Pacioretty? “He’s not available.”

Also:

“The answer is in the room.”

“We won the division last year.”

“This is a very tough league to win games in, lots of good teams miss the playoffs.”

“Shea Weber is injured. Name me any team in the league that can win without their number 1 defenseman.”

“Jonathan Drouin is a center and Alex Galchenyuk is a winger.”

When the season gives you lemons, bring out the tequila . Shots for all ever time he says a cliche or makes an excuse.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Good on him to meet the media, but we all know the value of this. Zero.
I mean come on, 1) team beats Tampa, 2) words of Habs' PR asking reporters to be nice and 3) PC in front of these same reporters.
I'm sure their questions will be tough ones :laugh:

Marinaro use to ask a tough question or 2 sometimes. I think the Habs though have since sent him to the vet and had him neutered as well now. :)

Reactions: dralaf

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Christ you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're going to crucify me

:)

Unfortunately no one in the Habs media have a set so the crucify part won't apply. The guy really needs to be called out. Let some of the HF guys here ask all the questions. Now that would be fun. :)

Reactions: brianp1950

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I have a question for Marc Bergevin:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Eller - Gallagher
Hudon - Plekanec - Byron
Carr - Mitchell - Andrighetto

Sergachev - Subban
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Beaulieu

Price
Lindgren

(+ pick #39 and #45 in 2016 draft)

In the last 2 years.
If i put a rock instead of Marc Bergevin as GM of MTL Canadiens.
The rock does nothing. Not one single trade and only keep the skills in place.

How come this line-up is better than yours?
How come a rock would've done better?

You know the expression: Dumb as a rock?
Well, the rock is smarter here.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Agreed with poster above

1.Bob Gainey
3.Pierre Gauthier
3.Marc Bergevin
4. Rejean Houle

Same here, I know Gainey gets alot of hate for Gomez and bringing in Gauthier, but he was largely responsible for bringing back some respectability after the houle era.

The only difference between Bergy and Houle, is Houle dismantled a cup winning team, Bergevin didnt get that chance, but make no mistake Bergevin is just as inept.

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I wonder if this would've happened if the Habs had lost that game against Tampa. Yeah who am I trying to kid. :)
Why does it matter?

I hope Bergevin comes out with tons of excuses and sends this place into pure hysteria LOL.......Some here are so gullible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad