Marc Bergevin to meet with media before Vancouver game - 5:15pm EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I have a question for Marc Bergevin:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Lehkonen - Eller - Gallagher
Hudon - Plekanec - Byron
Carr - Mitchell - Andrighetto

Sergachev - Subban
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Beaulieu

Price
Lindgren

(+ pick #39 and #45 in 2016 draft)

In the last 2 years.
If i put a rock instead of Marc Bergevin as GM of MTL Canadiens.
The rock does nothing. Not one single trade and only keep the skills in place.

How come this line-up is better than yours?
How come a rock would've done better?

You know the expression: Dumb as a rock?
Well, the rock is smarter here.

Eller lol give it a rest

Reactions: dralaf

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Media: So Marc.. Do you still feel that this defense is still better than last years defense or at least on par with it?

MB: Well we've had some injuries to Shea and Schlemko, blah, blah, blah....

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Eller lol give it a rest

Eller has one less point than Drouin right now.....and he doesn't stepped foot on the PP but he's very good on the PK (And Suddenly, we're not smurfs down the middle)....... So Lol back at you.

I have to put him there, it's a rock being the GM. I simply cancel all the trade Bergevin has made in the last 2 years (Technically i could've put Danault since it was a midseason trade) But good news, he's without a contract this summer.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
My bet is that MB takes some responsibility for all of this. So he should. I'll be disappointed if all he does is give excuses.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
heres hoping he announces building a cup contenting team can only be done thru the draft and that it starts now. It might take a few years.... And hes holding this press to have the media and the fans understand the rebuilding direction. A man can dream!!
MB has a plan and he ......would explain it but went would not understand.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
My bet is that MB takes some responsibility for all of this. So he should. I'll be disappointed if all he does is give excuses.

Your bet or your wish? Not sure how you can come to that conclusion if it's a bet.....'cause he's not that type of guy. AT worst, he will go with it's sure that it's not the half of a season we wanted, but I believe the answer is in the room, as you saw against the Lightning, that it's probably the start of something better, that while it would be tougher without Weber (preparing a future excuse), everybody will have to chime in and work harder and bla-bla-bla....With tons of softballs from journalists thrown his way.

Oh and in order to buy some time.....We have 3 games upcoming against Boston that could change the picture of this race...bla-bla-bla.....

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Hey Marc....what's easier.....stopping to make excuses? Or remove the No Excuses banner from the room?

Reactions: groovejuice

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I would like for MB to take whatever minimal mask he has on and go ballistic.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Eller has one less point that Drouin right now??? seriously. LMAO

you cant write this stuff

Eller is a good hockey player who didn't get a legitimate chance in Montreal.

He has 5 goals and 17 points in 40 games this year. His FO% is 49.9% though I remember that back in the day people said that he sucked at face-offs. In the past five games his median playing time is ~16 minutes.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I would be surprised if he isn't fired if we are in the bottom 10 at the end of the year.

I wouldn't. Called the Therrien double down, could see Molson doing the same for Bergevin and only firing him sometime next season if it goes to shit again.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Your bet or your wish? Not sure how you can come to that conclusion if it's a bet.....'cause he's not that type of guy. AT worst, he will go with it's sure that it's not the half of a season we wanted, but I believe the answer is in the room, as you saw against the Lightning, that it's probably the start of something better, that while it would be tougher without Weber (preparing a future excuse), everybody will have to chime in and work harder and bla-bla-bla....With tons of softballs from journalists thrown his way.

Oh and in order to buy some time.....We have 3 games upcoming against Boston that could change the picture of this race...bla-bla-bla.....

His press conferences really write themselves, don't they? :laugh:

Reactions: PaulD and Runner77

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
MaxPac-Chucky-Radulov
Drouin-Eller-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Lehkonen
DesLau-Plekanec-Hudon

Markov-Weber
Jerabek-Petry
Mete-Shlemko

Thanks Bergevin.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Definitely looking forward to hearing about how he won't be a seller. His ego would never allow himself to admit it.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Definitely looking forward to hearing about how he won't be a seller. His ego would never allow himself to admit it.

He just can't say that. You can't go out and say for months that you have a plan, bring Weber, Alzner and all those guys, and then say that you are a seller 'cause if it was your plan all along, it made no sense. If it wasn't your plan, well it means that you failed with your other plan. I think that unfortunatley for most of us, if he starts trading Pacioretty and Co, it won't be for a full rebuild but NHL'Ers will have to come back our way. For a reconstruction....but not a rebuild. Which won't help, of course.

Reactions: PaulD

Jul 6, 2016
MaxPac-Chucky-Radulov
Drouin-Eller-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Lehkonen
DesLau-Plekanec-Hudon

Markov-Weber
Jerabek-Petry
Mete-Shlemko

Thanks Bergevin.

Eller on a second line ? Are you kidding ?

I'd rather have Sergachev than Drouin. Even Emelin and Pateryn would be better than some guys on that D. Plekky on a 4th line is a huge waste.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Christ you know it ain't easy
You know how hard it can be
The way things are going
They're going to crucify me

:)

Unfortunately no one in the Habs media have a set so the crucify part won't apply. The guy really needs to be called out. Let some of the HF guys here ask all the questions. Now that would be fun. :)

Thanks. Had to go play that song. Fits well with MB though.:laugh:

The Ballad of Marc Bergevin

Reactions: sheed36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad