Marc Bergevin to meet with media before Vancouver game - 5:15pm EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Marc Bergevin press conference drinking game!

Take a drink for every excuse he makes
Take a shot every time he mentions how difficult it is to make trades
Take a shot for every time he blames injuries for the teams struggles
Slam your drink for every time he throws one of his own players under the bus
Take a shot for every snarky respone

Am I missing anything?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Am I missing anything?
First one alone is enough to get us all drunk.

WG

Sep 9, 2008

Am I missing anything?
Maybe call ahead and have the ambulance in the driveway waiting, so you can be whisked away to have your stomach pumped after about 20 minutes?

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Eller has one less point than Drouin right now.....and he doesn't stepped foot on the PP but he's very good on the PK (And Suddenly, we're not smurfs down the middle)....... So Lol back at you.

I have to put him there, it's a rock being the GM. I simply cancel all the trade Bergevin has made in the last 2 years (Technically i could've put Danault since it was a midseason trade) But good news, he's without a contract this summer.

he really mishandled and undervalued eller. weird how the nhl's top 5 team for the last 10 years found room for him. but not on this montreal team. he can play pk, knows how to play center, can cycle the puck, and is a big body. none of our centers hold all these skills. eller would literally be the best center on this team. it's f***ing sad.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I would trade 2 seconds for eller any day of the week

Nostaliga making it's presence felt as usual (hint: nostalgia involves a utopic vision of the past, an impossible vision of the past). Sekac is an all star and Subban the best dman in the league amirite

I have been to the game where Eller scored 4 including the shootout goal against Mason. I had hopes. The truth is he's an average to good 3rd liner. Give it a rest.

Reactions: dralaf

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008

Nostaliga making it's presence felt as usual (hint: nostalgia involves a utopic vision of the past, an impossible vision of the past). Sekac is an all star and Subban the best dman in the league amirite

I have been to the game where Eller scored 4 including the shootout goal against Mason. I had hopes. The truth is he's an average to good 3rd liner. Give it a rest.

me too. except mb moved two picks for shaw. He would've been developing through the draft, although our development is probably one of the worst in the league.

if you asked me if I wanted shaw or eller, even at the same price, I would take eller every, single time.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

I'd rather just keep Eller if we are gonna get bent over and give up two high seconds for Shaw right after.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
me too. except mb moved two picks for shaw. He would've been developing through the draft, although our development is probably one of the worst in the league.

if you asked me if I wanted shaw or eller, even at the same price, I would take eller every, single time.

They aren't the same picks so good luck with that argument

It wasn't shaw for eller

I would have preferred that seeing as the two picks for shaw were in a more recent draft (possibly Girard and DeBrincat)

I'd rather just keep Eller if we are gonna get bent over and give up two seconds for Shaw right after.

Again. You guys have perverted your views based on a distaste for Bergevin. Eller was not a very good player.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Am I missing anything?

If he says: "It's on me"

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This makes sense. Bergevin can't concede the season outright -- that wouldn't be professional -- but he can dance around it by focusing on rookies and the future. Generalized cliches, but safe.

Rookies like Hudon and Carr who got benched lately.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

It wasn't shaw for eller

I would have preferred that seeing as the two picks for shaw were in a more recent draft (possibly Girard and DeBrincat)

Again. You guys have perverted your views based on a distaste for Bergevin. Eller was not a very good player.

Two high 2nds in a deep draft > Eller > the myth of Shawzie

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008

It wasn't shaw for eller

we gave up better picks for shaw.

shaw has higher value than eller in MB's eyes. and then went out and signed a 3rd line player at best, to a long-term deal, for just under 4 million. i don't think he gets more than 3 on the open market.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City

Am I missing anything?
Take your shirt off and go outside for 5 minutes everytime he mentions "character"

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why do we even need a press conference? Unless he has a trade to announce, it's meaningless. He's certainly not going to say that they're giving up on this season, which could give rise to interesting questions.

Last edited:

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
All this is going to be is MB announcing Mete is staying with Team ( Dumb, Dumb, Dumb ) .
Say his Trades are hard speal.
Explain when you lose Weber it hurts and take away #1D from any team blah blah ( even though PIT won a cup without Letang )
Tell everyone Max is not on the trade block and defend him .
Say We are part of a "Cluster" and we still have a chance to make playoffs .

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
Bergevin on if the Habs will be buyers or sellers from now until the trade deadline:

"Je try de trader pour improving le team" Bergevin

Sounds like something he would say.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Just a Coincidence that he's ready for pre-game work now that boxing week sales are over.... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad