GDT: PRESEASON: Flames @ Canucks 8pm MT on FlamesTV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Coronato should absolutely have a spot.

Pelletier hasn’t come close to nailing down a spot. Rooney/Hunt/Duehr all have more established NHL track record and will more easily slide into a 4th line role
Coronato should... but if that's not in the top 9, what's better... 20 minutes in a top line role w/ the Wranglers, or playing 7-8 minutes a night on a line with teh least talent? Especially when he struggled at time in the NHL last year.

Duehr only has more NHL time because he's 3 years older. Hunt and Rooney might be more established, but they've also shown to be waiver fodder and it would be irresponsible to waive a 23 year old Pelletier for either of them. In fact all 3 of Duehr, Hunt and Rooney have been waived and cleared in the past. We're not going to give Pelletier away for free.

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Was that offside?

Some of the camera angles are weird. Couldn't tell.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Ooooh that was pretty Hunt. Heads up pass by the Bashman
although I think that was offside

He hasn't done anything super flashy but Parekh has been sooooo good at moving the puck this game.

Haven't been watching all that closely but he does seem more composed and settled in this one.

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
Ooooh that was pretty Hunt. Heads up pass by the Bashman
although I think that was offside

Haven't been watching all that closely but he does seem more composed and settled in this one.

He seems like he's in position more, but some of his shots seem a little whiffy? Puck doesn't seem like it's coming off his stick at full power for the movements made.

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
Pospisil two flubs in a row =\

A learning moment. Improve and move on.

JurassicTunga

Mar 21, 2010
Was that not tripping at the end there? ok then.

Flames youngsters put up a great fight against a veteran canucks team. Probably should've won if not for Tinordi lol

Reactions: Figgy44

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I mean whatever but that was a fairly obvious trip by Hughes was it not?

I'd really rather not watch a full year of Barrie. Or even most of a year.
Morton didn't have the best game but I do like how he battles.
Gridin looks like he has a high skill cap. Skating, hands, shooting, passing.

Reactions: Figgy44

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
Was that not tripping at the end there? ok then.

Flames youngsters put up a great fight against a veteran canucks team. Probably should've won if not for Tinordi lol

Perhaps. But pospisil kept losing team of the puck multiple times in OT which didn't help. I liked what pospisil was trying though. I hope he keeps trying those moves and improving on them.

To be fair, lots of players kept losing track of the puck in that first 20-30 seconds of OT. It was a little strange.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
the replay showed it barely touched him, it was a pretty clear dive.

mmm no it wasn't, stick directly in the skates.
Think Hunt's goal was offside anyways but no need to make things up.

Screenshot 2024-09-25 230830.png

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
mmm no it wasn't, stick directly in the skates.
Think Hunt's goal was offside anyways but no need to make things up.

View attachment 909825
i never said he didnt make contact...hughes touched him for sure so it could be called (those are usually called) but it was a quick and light tap, i think the Flame dove when he felt contact. just my opinion.

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
i never said he didnt make contact...hughes touched him for sure so it could be called (those are usually called) but it was a quick and light tap, i think the Flame dove when he felt contact. just my opinion.

Lol no. He didn't dive. More likely distracted and lost balance.

From the DOG penalty for flipping the puck over glass when pressured at the end of the third to whiffing the puck several times in 10-20 seconds of the beginning of OT, he seemed like he was just a half a step behind all of those plays and blundering.

He's young, it happens. Probably limited experience in 3 on 3 OT. I hope he learns from this and improves and then makes no mistake when it really matters.

Huska seems to trust him and wants to put him in key situations to learn. That's encouraging.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad