GDT: PRESEASON: Flames @ Canucks 8pm MT on FlamesTV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Really liked Solo tonight. Thought Pelletier had a solid game. Honzek, Basha, Gridin and Parekh all showing really well for teenagers. Wolf was solid again. Maybe no wow performances but lots of solid ones.

I want to see the likes of Kuznetsov, Solovyov, Pachal, Brewski, Poirier. There are some really interesting names in that group. No need for Barrie imo. This should be a year long audition where each guy gets their chances to show what they’ve got.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I like that he's making me look smart, it's a difficult job

To be fair, my concerns with him were the same as Pelletier. It's not the skill and IQ issue. I'm concerned their injuries might have derailed their development too much.

I'd be elated to see both guys succeed.

Reactions: Lunatik

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Bull. Shit. At worst he'll be the 13th forward.

We'll likely run 13 forwards.
  1. Kadri
  2. Sharangovich
  3. Kuzmenko
  4. Huberdeau
  5. Pospisil
  6. Mantha
  7. Zary
  8. Backlund
  9. Coleman
  10. Coronato
  11. Lomberg

That still leaves 2 more spots... and you don't think Pelletier will be there before 2 of Rooney, Duehr, Schwindt, Hunt, Kirkland, Bishop and Frk?

This also assumes Coronato makes the team despite not having a place in teh top 9 right now and we run 8 defensemen
I don't think they want Pelletier as a 13th forward. As for the 12 spot, and I think that there is a real possibility that could go to Klapka as well. That's a guy who is likely a bottom 6 guy so you can rotate him out as the fourth line and press box as he gets used to the game on a more full-time schedule. Pelletier I think you want as a middle six guy to start, and with only 2 potential spot there between Zary/Pospisil/Coronato/Pelletier you're forced to send one down and play one in more cherry picked scenarios. I doubt he's beating Zary or Pospisil, and Coronato has outperformed him pretty handily this pre-season. With that said, as soon as a trade is made, I'd be looking at Pelletier on the Backlund/Coleman line.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I don't think they want Pelletier as a 13th forward. As for the 12 spot, and I think that there is a real possibility that could go to Klapka as well. That's a guy who is likely a bottom 6 guy so you can rotate him out as the fourth line and press box as he gets used to the game on a more full-time schedule. Pelletier I think you want as a middle six guy to start, and with only 2 potential spot there between Zary/Pospisil/Coronato/Pelletier you're forced to send one down and play one in more cherry picked scenarios. I doubt he's beating Zary or Pospisil, and Coronato has outperformed him pretty handily this pre-season. With that said, as soon as a trade is made, I'd be looking at Pelletier on the Backlund/Coleman line.

Yes. I agree. I think that's an idea place for Pelts. During preseason, I've noticed that he's not showing up on the stats board and when the puck is close in proximity, I've been impressed by his defensive plays and his ability to win certain battles against the opposition. However, there's many shifts where he was invisible and quite a few that had to do with passes or shots by our team or the other team that goes right between all our players (vs other lines/shifts). He wasn't close enough or the closest to make a good play on those. I don't know if that has to do with fielding a much younger group in preseason and the knowledge of systems/experience/talent level is lower, but I think if pairing with Coleman/Backlund, it'd be a great way to train him to improve his positioning away from the puck to do more of those nifty plays he does. I'd give him a ton of rope to sink or swim and make a decision that way. No differently than many other of our young guys including Wolf.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
I think Pelletier gets ~10 games with the big club before they risk waivers. You can tell he’s still hesitant and deferring to others on the offensive side of things. As much as I don’t see much in Pelts it’s not worth waiving him right away

Reactions: Figgy44

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Talk about a company falling upwards. Good grief. Maybe granny’s favourite grandson will be okay after all.

Anyways, I couldn’t help myself with the jab after seeing your pfp
you, me, figgy and kahvi all having the same avatar is confusing me... keep seeing posts and I'm like... I never said that :laugh:

definitely not suggesting anyone change tho

• Haha
Reactions: super6646

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad