Speculation: Maple Leafs linked to Brian Elliott

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Didn’t stop them from signing Samsonov
Pretty huge difference here.

One guy was 25 and had some upside. The other is 38 years old and hasn’t been good for years now and is pretty much done.

And I also was skeptical of the Leafs with the Samsonov (though not nearly as much as Murray) acquisition, but there’s a huge difference here.

One was only 25 years old and the thought was maybe he needed a change of scenery and still had a decent ceiling and some type of chance of coming close to hitting it.

One is 38 and pretty much has nothing left in the tank, short of a fluky up season like Craig Anderson had last year.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Elliot is literally a Sabres killer. Toronto may never lose a game against Buffo again.

He's a literal superstar against us.

• Haha
Reactions: Coffees

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Didn’t stop them from signing Samsonov
I really, really don't like samsonov but to compare him to Elliott is such a laughably bad take.

I know it's fun to say "lol leafs" and they do deserve it most of the time, but not on this. Save the dunking on them for the inevitable early playoff exit, overpaying Matthews again, or when Elliott actually suits up in a game.

AndyWozniewski

Jan 18, 2017
This is a name I haven't heard in forever. When I saw the title I assumed he was retired and coming in as a coach.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Signing Elliott as a 3rd goaltender to a minimum deal isn’t crazy. I‘d wonder more about the dynamics of having seven goaltenders under contract after Murray is removed from the picture?

Reactions: banks

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
There’s no reason to bring in Elliot other than wanting Woll to play every night with the Marlies…. Then sure, it makes sense.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
There’s no reason to bring in Elliot other than wanting Woll to play every night with the Marlies…. Then sure, it makes sense.
I could be wrong but I think Woll requires waivers. Not only that but he's the best goalie in the organization. He'll be getting plenty of starts especially after Samsonov's inevitable injury or meltdown

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
I was confused because I could swear this guy is older than me so he should have no business playing in the NHL. Then I looked and I was right... barely.

Reactions: BlueSeal

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Well... I may as well stage a hunger strike at MLSE until we sign Donny Beaupre.. to go with Elliott
really aging yourself here! hahaha

Donny the Utah Grizzly.. i kid he had a good long career

love that Fort Wayne and Kalamazoo kept their teams after the IHL fallout, smaller market teams doing well makes me happy

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The team that never learns... learns to never learn again.
Are you talking about the Rangers? Their beat reporter suggested that "Elliott perhaps, is on his way to Toronto" Visiting family perhaps? He is from Newmarket.

Toronto is a dangerous team. Fans taking shots means they are secretly hoping you don’t catch fire near the playoffs. Because that’s Leafs roster will bulldoze over anyone when they are on
That would be nice.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
This guys in his 30s

#FacesOfMethHockey

brian-elliott-2023-55.jpg

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Whats getting passed over here is the fact that Larry Brooks is such a hack nowadays. Granted, he always was, but he legit has no sources within the league anymore.

Much like Tavares, a shell of his former self.

Kidding guys relax

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad