Speculation: Maple Leafs linked to Brian Elliott

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Brain Elliott is a 3rd string injury replacement incase Samsonov or Woll get injured.

The other goalies in Toronto’s system are not ready for the NHL level.

Elliott would be this seasons waiver fodder just as Wayne Simmonds was last season.

Problem is Samsonov and Woll don’t exactly have a good track record of staying healthy for long periods of time, so the chances of seeing Elliott in a Leafs uniform would be pretty good if the Maple Leafs are actually dumb enough to sign a cooked Brian Elliott.

Toronto is probably waiting to see how the Martin Murray situation plays out before making a move for a netminder.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
As what?

#3 I guess if they trade/buyout Murray....but I'd rather give the AHL reps to the kids. Or sign.....pretty much anyone else.

Heck, I might rather put a cardboard cutout of Dominik Hasek in net than Elliott

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I was just remarking to my buddies the other day the Leafs will likely sign or PTO some veteran goalie they will try and sneak through waivers to be their 3rd stringer. Similar to what they tried with Aaron Dell a couple seasons ago.

This makes perfect sense. If/when their is an injury to Sammy/Woll they'll have an experienced NHL vet to call up for a few games rather than throw a younger kid to the Wolves.

It's literally insurnace and parking him in the minors

Reactions: banks

Sammy Kat

Jun 14, 2021
Brooks? Really? He is still alive?

Guess he just finds ways to keep coming back like all the other Walking Dead spin offs.

Reactions: Nanuuk

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont get the reactions here. Who is set to be the Marlies go to goalie?

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
The Leafs don't really currently have a #3 goalie. They likely wouldn't want to throw one of their rookies to the wolves. I can see Elliott being that guy, I doubt he'd ever be claimed on waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad