Speculation: Maple Leafs linked to Brian Elliott

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
The last time Elliott played for Treliving, he delivered one of the worst playoff goaltending performances I’ve ever seen.
I remember that series. He let in so many soft goals from long range it was hilarious. Worst goalie performance I've seen in the playoffs too.

paul9kariya

Jul 15, 2014
Canada
not sure why people are dumping all over this when the leafs used how many different goaltenders this past season? four? which resulted in having kids like petruzzelli and alexander on the bench.

probably not a bad idea.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
but was a big piece of the team that got them into the playoffs.
No he was not, he was horrendous in the regular season too. He got one 1 hot streak that saved hes stats then immediately went back to hes usually self in the playoffs

Last edited:

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
the .910 save percentage was a lot better than Hiller/Ortio? the year before.
Yea i had to go correct myself on the stats. regardless, he was not good as a flame what so ever in the regular season. Lets just say he lets in 1 soft goal pretty muchevery game (very markstrom esq this yr tbh). I dont think any flames fans were sad to see him go, even before the playoffs.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Noting, this is for #3G, not a roster spot. Someone who can be stashed in the AHL, pass through waivers, and then recalled if necessary. Looking at the list, there isn't much better there, that would accept a deal to be the #3G, and minimum NHL contract. Leafs don't have anyone in the AHL with any NHL experience. Looking at the list above, who is better, who would accept a league min contract, to mostly play in the AHL?
It might be fine, but if I heard the Flames did it I'd be livid under any circumstances. I'm just shocked Treliving doesn't feel the same way

the .910 save percentage was a lot better than Hiller/Ortio? the year before.
Hiller was pretty awful in 2016. I don't believe that's a high bar

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
It might be fine, but if I heard the Flames did it I'd be livid under any circumstances. I'm just shocked Treliving doesn't feel the same way

Hiller was pretty awful in 2016. I don't believe that's a high bar
I agree it is not, but the point is that Elliott provided stability and improvement. Even if just for one year to the flames. Put it this way, if Hiller and Ortio were still in net I have a hard time believing Calgary gets into the playoffs. Therefore, even though it ended very very ugly, Elliott was a big part of that team getting in. That's all.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I agree it is not, but the point is that Elliott provided stability and improvement. Even if just for one year to the flames. Put it this way, if Hiller and Ortio were still in net I have a hard time believing Calgary gets into the playoffs. Therefore, even though it ended very very ugly, Elliott was a big part of that team getting in. That's all.
I guess you could say that improving from like a 0% goaltending to 30% goaltending is significant, so you're not wrong. Still plenty of room to complain about it though, especially when he drops to even worse than Hiller in the playoffs.

I was always big on Karri Ramo. If he didn't get his long term injuries and we have him in 2017 it would have been much better

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I guess you could say that improving from like a 0% goaltending to 30% goaltending is significant, so you're not wrong. Still plenty of room to complain about it though, especially when he drops to even worse than Hiller in the playoffs.

I was always big on Karri Ramo. If he didn't get his long term injuries and we have him in 2017 it would have been much better
ya I definitely have time for flames fans that think they would have been better off acquiring a different goalie. I remember I was driving listening to the draft when that trade went down. Was widely praised, thought it was a good deal at the time for calgary. Given how the playoffs went, no chance he could have been brought back.

You may know, when Talbot was the flames goalie was he a tandem with Big save Dave? LA could be looking at that this year, and I doubt the sequel would be better than the original.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad