Manchester United partial sale completed: Sir Jim era

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah, UEFA and the various FAs are corrputed pieces of shit. That much we can agree on.
And Fifa, and the national federations, and ICO and the clubs, etc...
As someone here said earlier if you want ethics you don't follow top level sports. Ever since it reached the title of "entertainment" it's become a cash machine with everything that comes with it.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
And Fifa, and the national federations, and ICO and the clubs, etc...
As someone here said earlier if you want ethics you don't follow top level sports. Ever since it reached the title of "entertainment" it's become a cash machine with everything that comes with it.
The line has to be drawn somewhere and I choose to draw it at "in bed with murderous dictators".

And before you "whatabouttheamericans" us, let me tell you that the day they (the United States or private citizens clearly prompted by the state) try to buy sports teams in Europe, I'll be firmly against it and I am also against how to weaponize the FBI against FIFA because they lost 2022 to Qatar. Conveniently, they got 2026 and, oooops, the FIFA thing kinda went away.

You can love the sport and criticize the bullshit.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They got so much shit for approving that deal, there's little chance they'd pass this, if there's ties to PSG, for example.

So not state oil...?

Edit: Simon Stone also saying it's private investors. But they'd need approval from QSI.

There's no such thing as actual "private investors" in Qatar which is why they'd need approval.

It's all just shifting money into different buckets and pretending they're independent. At least Red Bull has some sort of corporate structure to maintain that separation, even if it is a bit iffy.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They got so much shit for approving that deal, there's little chance they'd pass this, if there's ties to PSG, for example.
They don't care.

They want the money, and the value.

If the Glazers push to sell to this group, and they're not out there murdering people themselves, they'll likely get it approved.

The line has to be drawn somewhere and I choose to draw it at "in bed with murderous dictators".

And before you "whatabouttheamericans" us, let me tell you that the day they (the United States or private citizens clearly prompted by the state) try to buy sports teams in Europe, I'll be firmly against it and I am also against how to weaponize the FBI against FIFA because they lost 2022 to Qatar. Conveniently, they got 2026 and, oooops, the FIFA thing kinda went away.

Correct. There's some degree of grey.

I might try and be stupid and joke that the Glazers are just as bad (though admittedly, how people just powered through because SAF was in bed with them... I'll never understand) but at the end of the day, they don't have a journalist cut up in a diplomatic building. They don't work migrants to death in slave camps.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
They don't care.

They want the money, and the value.

If the Glazers push to sell to this group, and they're not out there murdering people themselves, they'll likely get it approved.

Correct. There's some degree of grey.

I might try and be stupid and joke that the Glazers are just as bad (though admittedly, how people just powered through because SAF was in bed with them... I'll never understand) but at the end of the day, they don't have a journalist cut up in a diplomatic building. They don't work migrants to death in slave camps.
And they can be openly criticized without risking your life.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

And again you don't.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Critcize the BS. You and most posters here. They selectively criticize some selectively chosen persons. Russians, arabs.
Because we're so much better.

Anyway, we've been through this, no need to rehash it.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Critcize the BS. You and most posters here. They selectively criticize some selectively chosen persons. Russians, arabs.
Because we're so much better.

Anyway, we've been through this, no need to rehash it.

You have absolutely zero leg to stand on after what you've said about binationals. A complete embarassement.

At any rate, further Gulf involvement in soccer would be bullshit.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Can I put a grand in and have .0001 ownership... would I have a say in anything? =P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad