Manchester United partial sale completed: Sir Jim era

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
TBH if you had no real problem supporting those thieves looting that club, I think you can likely stomach the moral depravity of having to support oil money owners.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Relax, nothing is set in stone and there's plenty of hurdles still in this, like UK government and Premier League approval.
The UK government did not stop oil money before, why would they now?

The PL will be more than happy to have two more super rich owners putting a lot of money into the clubs.

If morals did not stop them before, it won't stop them now. I bet they are very happy to get that sweet Qatari money.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
At the top of the pyramid of the capitalist system (where high-level football is now) there is no room for morals. If you want morals you need to support non-league football.

Reactions: Evilo

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The UK government did not stop oil money before, why would they now?

The PL will be more than happy to have two more super rich owners putting a lot of money into the clubs.

If morals did not stop them before, it won't stop them now. I bet they are very happy to get that sweet Qatari money.
It's the potential ties to PSG that's the biggest issue to me.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Relax, nothing is set in stone and there's plenty of hurdles still in this, like UK government and Premier League approval.
The hurdles:

1675864070228.gif

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Red Bull say hi?

Red Bull, the energy-drink company, holds a majority stake in Leipzig and has long been Salzburg’s primary sponsor. The company’s logo dominates both teams’ crests and jerseys, and its name adorns both teams’ stadiums. The teams also once shared some executives, furthering the impression that the clubs were linked.

Despite that, UEFA, European soccer’s governing body, which runs the Champions League, confirmed on Tuesday that its investigation had found no reason to believe that its regulations on the integrity of the competition would be breached by both teams entering the Champions League. It concluded that a series of “significant and substantial” changes made by the clubs ensured that they fulfilled UEFA’s eligibility criteria.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
They stopped Russian money recently,
Totally different situations. They let Roman operate for 15 years and would not have forced him to sell if not for the conflict in Ukraine. They welcomed UAE and Saudi money with open arms. They will welcome Qatar just the same.

UEFA and Qatar have been best pals since PSG opposed the SL publicly. I do not think they'll cause a big problem... and let's be honest, they'll be compensated for their help.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Just pay the 6 Billion lol. It's not like the 1.5 billion difference changes anything for the Emir of Qatar.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I’d rather my club not be a marketing operation for a nation state, but that’s just me.

United doesn’t need an endless purse. They make tons of money. If you actually run the club well, there is no need to chase this crap.

The sheer number of fans who think spending 300m next summer will make being a fan great again is pathetic.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They approved mr. Bonesaw, they ain’t gonna ban the Qataris
They got so much shit for approving that deal, there's little chance they'd pass this, if there's ties to PSG, for example.

So not state oil...?

Edit: Simon Stone also saying it's private investors. But they'd need approval from QSI.

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They got so much shit for approving that deal, there's little chance they'd pass this, if there's ties to PSG, for example.

So not state oil...?

Edit: Simon Stone also saying it's private investors. But they'd need approval from QSI.

"private investors" ... named Al Thani.

• Haha
Reactions: gary69 and Evilo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad