Manchester United partial sale completed: Sir Jim era

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I’ll repeat, if they’re bought by a Middle East consortium, either directly state owned or just one of those informal extensions of the state, I’m out. I’ll go cheer for Leeds or something.
To be fair, United and Liverpool are in the realm of likely having to consider some questionable folks if they are fully selling. No one has that type of cash who wants to spend it on a football club. Especially when United likely need a new stadium and more squad investment.

I have some hope that FSG will be picky, but I can’t say I feel the same of the Glazers who are awful.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’ll repeat, if they’re bought by a Middle East consortium, either directly state owned or just one of those informal extensions of the state, I’m out. I’ll go cheer for Leeds or something.
No you wont

Reactions: Jussi

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I am reserving the right to decide once a sale happens for Liverpool. Until then it’s not worth making declarations. There are degrees for everything in life.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I am reserving the right to decide once a sale happens for Liverpool. Until then it’s not worth making declarations. There are degrees for everything in life.
I’m not arsed. If they don’t but LFC they will buy someone else. As long as people are still welcome at Anfield I’m not worried about it. And frankly I think LFC’s fan culture is strong enough that you aren’t going to see people wearing sheik robes in the Kop either so I don’t think it’s going to permeate like you see in Newcastle. As long as the cheques clear I don’t care

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I care. I don’t want to be owned by a guy who ordered a journalist hacked up by a bonesaw. I don’t want a grandson of Pol Pot or North Korea.

A sovereign wealth fund is dicey, and I would likely have to decide, but there are degrees of bad

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
To be fair, United and Liverpool are in the realm of likely having to consider some questionable folks if they are fully selling. No one has that type of cash who wants to spend it on a football club. Especially when United likely need a new stadium and more squad investment.

I have some hope that FSG will be picky, but I can’t say I feel the same of the Glazers who are awful.
Nor should they.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I’m not arsed. If they don’t but LFC they will buy someone else. As long as people are still welcome at Anfield I’m not worried about it. And frankly I think LFC’s fan culture is strong enough that you aren’t going to see people wearing sheik robes in the Kop either so I don’t think it’s going to permeate like you see in Newcastle. As long as the cheques clear I don’t care
The Glazer era has been so terrible that IF the new owners are indeed an investment fund with less ties to the government than the Newcastle owners, combined with a lack of other options when it comes to buyers, I don't think us United fans really have a choice in this other than to grudgingly accept. Ideally there'd be at least one "local" partial owner like Sir Jim Ratcliffe but I have doubts about that. There's very little we, as fan's of our clubs (I'm including the Liverpool fans) can really do in these situations. We might be in a position where we have to choose between shit and piss. :laugh: At least the UK government vetting process should weed out any unsavory characters. Though I'm sure non-Newcaste fans might have words about that. :laugh:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Man Utd with British ownership and Howard Webb in charge of PGMOL is a frightening scenario for the rest of the league. I really might have to start watching Serie A or Bundesliga

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
They're gonna let them own PSG and United. Shit, might even let them own Liverpool too.

they'll just change the rules. Enough money will grease the palms.

Nah, they’re totally separate entities who totally aren’t connected at all and would have no conflict of interest…..lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad