Manchester United partial sale completed: Sir Jim era

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

In June 2022, The Times reported that between 2011 and 2015 Prince Charles accepted €3 million in cash from Hamad.[33] The funds were said to be in the form of €500 notes, handed over in person in three tranches, in a suitcase, holdall and Fortnum & Mason carrier bags.[33][34] Charles' meetings with Hamad did not appear in the Court Circular.[33] Coutts collected the cash and each payment was deposited into the accounts of The Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund.[34] A Clarence House spokesperson stated that the appropriate covenants were carried out, and it was the "donor's choice" to make the donations in cash, after which the trustees "discussed the governance and donor relationship" and the auditors "signed off on the donation after a specific enquiry during the audit".[34] There is no evidence that the payments were illegal or that it was not intended for the money to go to the charity.[34] The Charity Commission for England and Wales announced they would review the information and determine if "there is any role for the Commission in this matter".[35]

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
1676668396565.png

• Haha
Reactions: luiginb

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

Seems to have a proper background.

No one expects you to be objective here. You don’t need to try. There’s nothing that would prevent you from waving the flag.

Please don’t subject us to these posts. “Well Rio Ferdinand says he’s a proper bloke and if Rio says…” and on and on

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

So this guy is in fact not the former prime minister but his son. Seemed to be some confusion about the name and guy. Edit: and still is.

We'll see if the bid passes the legal stuff.

So the bid is "indicative" so far...

No one expects you to be objective here. You don’t need to try. There’s nothing that would prevent you from waving the flag.

Please don’t subject us to these posts. “Well Rio Ferdinand says he’s a proper bloke and if Rio says…” and on and on
The feck you talking about?

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Kind of sad to see this happening to yet another club. Not a shot at United fans or anything, just sad to see the world of football continue to go down this route.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Based on the replies, seems like most fans would prefer to be rid of the club's debt. Of course who's to say Ratcliffe doesn't have a plan for that? Like selling a minority share of the club?

Last edited:
Reactions: gary69

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Somehow Ratcliffe managed to go from favorite new owner to persona non grata...

I don't have an account but I hear this poll is not looking good for Sir Jim:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Based on the replies, seems like most fans would prefer to be rid of the club's debt. Of course who's to say Ratcliffe doesn't have a plan for that? Like selling a minority share of the club?

I would prefer the club be rid of its debt, but I’d far prefer that someone like Ratcliffe is the owner versus a Middle East Petro and money laundering state that’ll make me cheer for another team.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Somehow Ratcliffe managed to go from favorite new owner to persona non grata...

I don't have an account but I hear this poll is not looking good for Sir Jim:

There would be more honor in it if you just came out and admitted you want the Qatari bid to win and you don't care about morals. You're not fooling anyone.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Seems like Ratcliffe's statement being almost identical to the one he/Ineos released last summer when he tried to buy Chelsea is the reason he's now rubbing off people the wrong way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad