OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I want to see what the new scoreboard looks like already!!

pontin-s-prestatyn-sands.jpg

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Lol

I love how all of the people on the bridge are casually chatting away, not concerned with the fact that they are barely pushing 7" tall.

Drinks must be good up there.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Lol

I love how all of the people on the bridge are casually chatting away, not concerned with the fact that they are barely pushing 7" tall.

Drinks must be good up there.

Awesome picture.

And this is pretty much how it is on the West Balcony in the bar stools. The actual seats there are awesome, but if you're in the top row (what's that, like the second row?), you could hear everyone just BSing behind you about **** that has nothing to do with the game.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/08/12/Facilities/MSG-premium.aspx

The north bridge has 355 ticketed seats. The south bridge will have 75 seats available for purchase and a portion reserved for media, Howard said.

As of last week, MSG had not announced bridge seat pricing. Because of the uniqueness of the seating product, the Garden made the decision to go through its normal season-ticket renewal process before putting the bridge seats on sale, arena officials said.

Similar to the group lounges, the bridge seats will be made available for partial ticket plans, group packages and single games. They will also be sold for concerts.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2013/08/12/Facilities/MSG-premium.aspx

The north bridge has 355 ticketed seats. The south bridge will have 75 seats available for purchase and a portion reserved for media, Howard said.

As of last week, MSG had not announced bridge seat pricing. Because of the uniqueness of the seating product, the Garden made the decision to go through its normal season-ticket renewal process before putting the bridge seats on sale, arena officials said.

Similar to the group lounges, the bridge seats will be made available for partial ticket plans, group packages and single games. They will also be sold for concerts.

According to that article, the bridge and balcony will add 730 seats. That plus the seats added in the 200's due to the media moving will probably be the 1,000 that gets us back to 18,200.

ban

Mar 20, 2012
I bought a group of 40 for Dec 22, v Islanders, $140 each, on the bridge. Looks like 2 rows of seats, 1 row of bar stools (at least that is what I got)

ChipAyten

NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
Dec 19, 2008
Lawn Guyland
random and off topic but since arthur ashe is going to be covered it'd be interesting to see hockey played there, probably wont though

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
random and off topic but since arthur ashe is going to be covered it'd be interesting to see hockey played there, probably wont though

Hockey won't fit, but what I've always wondered is why they never had boxing there. It would be the most perfect venue. My guess is that they're so rich & snobby they don't give a crap about using the place for anything other than tennis.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I bought a group of 40 for Dec 22, v Islanders, $140 each, on the bridge. Looks like 2 rows of seats, 1 row of bar stools (at least that is what I got)

Can I ask what section? I thought the north bridge was just for mini plans.

dubidubidu

Apr 27, 2012
SI,NY 10304
Hockey won't fit, but what I've always wondered is why they never had boxing there. It would be the most perfect venue. My guess is that they're so rich & snobby they don't give a crap about using the place for anything other than tennis.

It really is interesting that a perfectly good venue with a decent capacity is completely empty for all but 2 weeks of the year. I always thought it would be the perfect venue for concerts and boxing. I didn't realize it's not owned by the Parks Dept. like Shea was.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Not the best pictures but you can see the glass doors and what the new lobby looks like from the outside. They took down the temporary wall though it's all still blocked off from entering obviously.

EDIT - Don't know why the pics are sideways. Oh well.

Attachments

• photo (12).JPG
    photo (12).JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 69
  • photo (13).JPG
    photo (13).JPG
    325.4 KB · Views: 63

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It really is interesting that a perfectly good venue with a decent capacity is completely empty for all but 2 weeks of the year. I always thought it would be the perfect venue for concerts and boxing. I didn't realize it's not owned by the Parks Dept. like Shea was.

Yea it's owned by the USTA. The field courts are open to the public but the stadium courts are for pro-use only. USTA is a non-profit so unless they become cash-starved I don't see them opening up the venue to non-tennis related events. They did host a basketball game once.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yea it's owned by the USTA. The field courts are open to the public but the stadium courts are for pro-use only. USTA is a non-profit so unless they become cash-starved I don't see them opening up the venue to non-tennis related events. They did host a basketball game once.

It's too bad. The complex is great and Arthur Ashe has really great sight lines.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad