OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
This is an assumption on my part, but since Panasonic won the bid for the new scoreboard (you see their name all over the scoreboard in the renderings), we'll see something similar to the following designs built by Panasonic that are new to the league.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6829422-staples-center-unveils-new-scoreboard

http://pantherparkway.com/2013/05/23/new-panthers-scoreboard-ready-to-go-for-2013-2014-season/

Is there a press release somewhere about Panasonic winning the bid?

ratdog07067

Aug 4, 2011
Woodbridge, NJ
Speaking of the scoreboard, are they getting ready to add more pieces to it?

ry%3D480

Megustaelhockey

Apr 29, 2011
Speaking of the scoreboard, are they getting ready to add more pieces to it?

ry%3D480

I have to think they would be doing that now for a few reasons:
1. Time is a factor.
2. They will want to make sure all the heavy equipment used to hoist and install scoreboard panels is on and off the floor before any ice is created.
3. The control room will have to be built/upgraded for the new board
4. Now is as good a time as any to press all the buttons and learn what they do. ;)

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
Last season I was told that rows 15 and up will have an obstructed view of the jumbotron and there will be plenty of TVs along the bridges.

So basically anything in the 200s in row 15 and above is obstructed as are the 300s and 400s?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
So basically anything in the 200s in row 15 and above is obstructed as are the 300s and 400s?

No - only the upper 200s and upper 400s will have an obstructed view of the scoreboard from what I can tell at http://rangers2013.io-media.com

So I guess row 19 and up?
Will they say when buying "obstructed" so you are warned prior?

The virtual arena doesn't show you a view from row 18 or 17...but it does appear that row 19 may have the top portion of the center ice scoreboard obscured. The same could possibly be true for a couple of rows closer to the ice as well. We'll find out next month.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I REALLY wish they would just finish this work today, so they could post actual pictures and put the discussion of the potential obstruction of the scoreboard and ice to rest already.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011

I moved to Row 15 this season from the 400's. I am assuming that the scoreboard obstructions begins in Row 15 because this is where the price points change for tickets. I was williung to live with that.
That could just be a coincidence, but would explain why Row 15 is significantly cheaper than 14.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
I moved to Row 15 this season from the 400's. I am assuming that the scoreboard obstructions begins in Row 15 because this is where the price points change for tickets. I was williung to live with that.
That could just be a coincidence, but would explain why Row 15 is significantly cheaper than 14.

The Mason-Dixon line had to be drawn somewhere....

I am sure they drew a line half way up the upper bowl and said to themselves, "Here is line of demarcation...."

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY

I'm in row 16 this season. They offered asile seats that I have been asking forever for & the price was right. I had to take them. I thought the obstruction began around the 19th row as well.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I'm in row 16 this season. They offered asile seats that I have been asking forever for & the price was right. I had to take them. I thought the obstruction began around the 19th row as well.

When you say 'they offered,' do you mean that you saw them on the online tool, or did you speak to someone?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I'd like them to say where the line is beforehand.

They're not going to tell you because technically none of the seats are obstructed. It's all based on personal preference. You may find the bridge distracting because it cuts off part of the scoreboard in row 17 but the person in row 24 may not give a **** because he can see the ice and has the video boards on the sides of the bridges.

Megustaelhockey

Apr 29, 2011
Does anyone know at what time of day or night the "earthcam" updates? Is it a different time based on which type of images you view?

Malarowski

Jul 25, 2012
Also, is there a way to get images that aren't a month old through Earth Cam? The newest I can see is from August 16th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad