OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jhnyr

Feb 6, 2007
So much for this...:laugh:

msgx-large.jpg

They refer to the "Chase Square Ceiling Experience"...maybe the neon lights dance?

I passed by MSG this morning...it looks like part of the Chase Square Ceiling Experience is some kind of scoreboard/video display on the ceiling.

Rat is correct... Looks like it'll be a giant video board overhead in the lobby. Replacing that window in the first pic.

This is the render that's in this season's Media Guide:

Attachments

• lobbyceiling.JPG
    lobbyceiling.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 66

ChipAyten

NYR-LFC-NYG-NYY
Dec 19, 2008
Lawn Guyland
Am I the only one who liked the old lay out? Having all the seats on the same plane was very convenient. Now I feel like they separated the average joes from the wall streeters in the lower bowl.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Am I the only one who liked the old lay out? Having all the seats on the same plane was very convenient. Now I feel like they separated the average joes from the wall streeters in the lower bowl.

What was convenient about it? It didn't have enough slope, and the luxury boxes had among the worst views.

I feel like MSG's tagline should have changed from "The World's Most Famous Arena" to "DOWN IN FRONT, **** FACE."

"Down in front" still happens now, but it's not nearly as bad as when you could walk the circumference of the building inside the arena.

PS - Sec. 109 and I don't work on Wall Street and never will. ;)

Last edited:

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
http://rangers2013.io-media.com/#

I gotta say the 3d media map shows the views with the bridges but they seem very off. They seem much lower in person than from the recent pictures now that theyre completed. In the 3d map it showing a mostly scoreboard view (the old scoreboard) from row 16 of sections. From the pictures it looks like you could have a partial scoreboard view starting from section 10-12.

srsly989

Sep 15, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
http://rangers2013.io-media.com/#

I gotta say the 3d media map shows the views with the bridges but they seem very off. They seem much lower in person than from the recent pictures now that theyre completed. In the 3d map it showing a mostly scoreboard view (the old scoreboard) from row 16 of sections. From the pictures it looks like you could have a partial scoreboard view starting from section 10-12.

Change the "2013" at the end to "2011" for some fun.

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC
Am I being terribly whiney by being pissed that we have 3 short LED ribbons around our arena? I know MSG is supposed to be unique, but I think being a small house as well as having the trademark ceiling is enough to keep that intact. I like some god damned ribbon lights! They're too stingy with their light shows. They only put ice graphics during the playoffs.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Am I being terribly whiney by being pissed that we have 3 short LED ribbons around our arena? I know MSG is supposed to be unique, but I think being a small house as well as having the trademark ceiling is enough to keep that intact. I like some god damned ribbon lights! They're too stingy with their light shows. They only put ice graphics during the playoffs.

Yes. However, do not feel bad about it as most in this thread are being too whiney.

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012

I like the really old layout when you could chant "RED SEATS SUCK".

McD27

Jul 11, 2013

Doesn't seem so long ago that those red seats were 50 bucks. I miss the red, orange, yellow, green and blue seats categories. Nice and simple. Now we have Rinkside, gold, silver, platinum, lounges, event level suites, west balcony, gallery, etc etc. it's all about $$$$$$$.

srsly989

Sep 15, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Doesn't seem so long ago that those red seats were 50 bucks. I miss the red, orange, yellow, green and blue seats categories. Nice and simple. Now we have Rinkside, gold, silver, platinum, lounges, event level suites, west balcony, gallery, etc etc. it's all about $$$$$$$.

Just like:

Every sports stadium in the world.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
What was convenient about it? It didn't have enough slope, and the luxury boxes had among the worst views.

I feel like MSG's tagline should have changed from "The World's Most Famous Arena" to "DOWN IN FRONT, **** FACE."

"Down in front" still happens now, but it's not nearly as bad as when you could walk the circumference of the building inside the arena.

PS - Sec. 109 and I don't work on Wall Street and never will. ;)
I disagree. Every time there's a breakaway the entire section stands up and it's very easy to miss the shot from the back rows.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Hate the way it looks. I like the inside of it where it was 100,200,300,400. This looks like The Pebble.

Yes, and yelling at people that walk by you all game long to move, especially that cotton candy guy!

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
You should probably retract that statement....

Why? The way it is now is pretty similar to that, rather than MSG's prior arrangement. Someone said said it before; looks like they separate it from the normal Joes and the bougies in that view. Unless I'm missing something, from the views it looks like they took out/Siamese twin'd the 2 and 300's, and took out some 400's. Sorry, but I prefer the prior seating arrangement.
I like the arena as a whole but hate the seating arrangement, let's clear that up.
Yes, and yelling at people that walk by you all game long to move, especially that cotton candy guy!

And what? That makes no sense, but whatever.

Last edited:

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Absolutely hated the old layout, I don't care if the Rangers & Knicks had won 50 championships there (they didn't), it doesn't make up for one of the crappiest layouts in arena history, ever. This is a million times better, the problem I have though is the lack of leg & shoulder room in several locations. And obviously the bridge in your face in the upper 200's

Ready4show

Oct 2, 2012

Doesn't seem so along ago that those red seats were $13.50

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yeah, new setup for actually watching the game is far superior. On the other hand the concourses are now a deathtrap.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, new setup for actually watching the game is far superior. On the other hand the concourses are now a deathtrap.

The whole stadium is a deathtrap. The fire exits are terrible. Whenever I go to another stadium and use the fire exits to leave the arena, I wished MSG had these. (Barclays, Bell Centre, Prudential Center are some stadiums that have large fire exits). No more 5 to 10 minutes to leave the stadium from the upper bowl.

Ready4show

Oct 2, 2012

Ahhhh yes...back in the G & W, pre Paramount, Standpipe during intermission era. (Are you with me so far?) Those were the days. "LAVENDER SEATS SUCK" never had quite the same ring to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad