OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I never got wanded (is that a word?) or patted down at MSG..

I get hassled every time I come to the game straight from work because I have to bring a small bag with me, but I started getting the business every time after the Boston bombing...

Maybe it's something about being > 6' and 225 lbs.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I get hassled every time I come to the game straight from work because I have to bring a small bag with me, but I started getting the business every time after the Boston bombing...

Maybe it's something about being > 6' and 225 lbs.

Maybe I don't get checked because I don't have a bag with me and I'm about the same height and weight as a 15 year old.

ratdog07067

Aug 4, 2011
Woodbridge, NJ
This one is straight off the MSG transformation site (date bumped up a month, interior view cam)-

ry%3D480

Megustaelhockey

Apr 29, 2011
This one is straight off the MSG transformation site (date bumped up a month, interior view cam)-

ry%3D480

It looks like they are filling in a few blanks on the board... smoothing the edges, etc. It's possible some little squares were damaged in transit. Nonetheless, looking good.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

nice - so the rink boards are in. It seems like that scoreboard has been taken up and down quite a few times, so they must have some sort of lever. So I'm thinking, next time the Flyers are in town, you lure them all to center ice with raw pieces of meat or shiny trinkets or something, then BLAM you hit the switch!! muahahaha

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
nice - so the rink boards are in. It seems like that scoreboard has been taken up and down quite a few times, so they must have some sort of lever. So I'm thinking, next time the Flyers are in town, you lure them all to center ice with raw pieces of meat or shiny trinkets or something, then BLAM you hit the switch!! muahahaha

Got a little Aaron Hernandez in you huh? :sarcasm:

Megustaelhockey

Apr 29, 2011

It's actually raised and lowered really, really slowly using a complicated hoist system. Remember what happened in Buffalo a number of years ago? That's what happens when procedures aren't followed. :amazed:

hockeyrink.jpg

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
It's actually raised and lowered really, really slowly using a complicated hoist system. Remember what happened in Buffalo a number of years ago? That's what happens when procedures aren't followed. :amazed:

hockeyrink.jpg

I still have an irrational fear of something like that happening during a game :dunno:

I'm an engineer, so I have a good appreciation for how solidly the structure is held together (assuming procedures are followed correctly, as you said)...but man, does logic go out the window when you worry about something like that.

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
those pictures by gordongecko are the best bridge photos we've seen yet. I am really curious how this plays out - some rows are going to be completely unaffected - some not so much.

I am in row 10. It looks like the bridges are just about directly over my head (the back edge of the bridge). I may get the best of both worlds :sarcasm:: blocked scoreboard view and too far forward to see the monitors on the back of the bridge. I can't wait to see photos from the seats.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
So who wants to start a pool on how long before a flash mob of 100 drunken fans start to swing all together to try to shake the bridge?? :D

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Obstructed from...?

The bridges... Maybe I'm looking at the pictures wrong, but it looks like there are so many rows behind and above the bridges.

I mean, when I go to the Garden, I want to watch the game, not watch it on a monitor :dunno:

At least that's what it looks like, I suppose I could be wrong having not followed these renovations too closely.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The bridges... Maybe I'm looking at the pictures wrong, but it looks like there are so many rows behind and above the bridges.

I mean, when I go to the Garden, I want to watch the game, not watch it on a monitor :dunno:

At least that's what it looks like, I suppose I could be wrong having not followed these renovations too closely.

The bridges are doing the obstructing but what are they obstructing the patron from? Seeing the game, or seeing the scoreboard. The seats appear sloped enough that the patrons view of the ice will be unaffected by the presence of the bridges. If the patrons view of the scoreboard is obstructed then omgwhocares.gif

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
If you don't like the seats then don't sit there. We all knew this was coming several years ago...so I made sure to relocate my seats so that they wouldn't be impacted. Bottom line is you'll see the ice just fine...the scoreboard may or may not be a problem. For me I wanted no part of any tunnel vision effect...but for others that's not an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad