OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
I'm in row 16 & from what I can see on MSG's interactive seating chart at least 3/4's of the score board will be cut off from my seated view.

Ticket prices escalate starting with Row 15 I believe? That is probably where the view of the scoreboard begins to become impacted. I will give MSG credit for factoring this stuff into their prices. Row 15 & 16 could be like row 6 & 7 of the 400's where if you bend your head down to knee level you will see the scoreboard..
I am in Row 15 this year, so I can relate.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Ticket prices escalate starting with Row 15 I believe? That is probably where the view of the scoreboard begins to become impacted. I will give MSG credit for factoring this stuff into their prices. Row 15 & 16 could be like row 6 & 7 of the 400's where if you bend your head down to knee level you will see the scoreboard..

It's worse in the corners, which I'm calling the "pinch". That's where the upper bowl rounds into the ends and comes right up to the bridges. Sections 208, 214, 221, & 227 are going to be really bad in the upper rows. I should have seen this coming so I'm kicking myself that I got Knicks tickets up there in 214. If you're in the center it won't be that bad unless you're way up there

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

For the love of God it has nothing to do with whether you can see the scoreboard or not. I don't understand why it is so difficult for people on here to grasp this fact. When was the last time you heard a team advertise by saying, "Come out and see your <insert team name or player name> and the fabulous new scoreboard. Who the hell goes to a game to look at the scoreboard? I know, I know, it is part of the whole "arena experience". Save it, the whole "arena experience" people are the people that go once every few years and they are last people with whom MSG is concerned.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
For the love of God it has nothing to do with whether you can see the scoreboard or not. I don't understand why it is so difficult for people on here to grasp this fact. When was the last time you heard a team advertise by saying, "Come out and see your <insert team name or player name> and the fabulous new scoreboard. Who the hell goes to a game to look at the scoreboard? I know, I know, it is part of the whole "arena experience". Save it, the whole "arena experience" people are the people that go once every few years and they are last people with whom MSG is concerned.

i care more about the tunnel vision.. we'll have tv's on the back of the bridge

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
For the love of God it is not only the scoreboard. We have been through this so many times. It is the tunnel vision, the distraction of people above you.

The Korean*

So are the updating the entrance to MSG now or is that next off season?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
OT: Jim Dolan is off his meds again, he just fired the guy who built this top contending Knicks team and replaced him with the guy who ran the team into the ground with Isiah Thomas. This dude is seriously ******* mentally disturbed

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011

I think the pricing decrease between row 14 and 15 does have to with the "limited view" that will occur. Until we know the sightlines I don't think there is a "fact for me to grasp" as you say merely a different opinion.
That's great that this stuff isn't important to you, but your opinion is not the only one that is relevant. Other people who are paying in excess of $2,000 per ticket might be a little bummed out about not being able to see the fancy new scoreboard.
It's not a huge deal to me, but I certainly respect their opinion and see merit in it.

IF people can't ***** about something on a message board where can they? Have you ever looked at some of the game day threads? FAR more illogical than anything I have read here.

mattelainen

May 31, 2011
Check this guys @dominico_vincenzo instagram account, awesome pics, they just powered up the huge scoreboard and led perimeters

ratdog07067

Aug 4, 2011
Woodbridge, NJ
38b4835226d211e3bacd22000a9e08df_7.jpg

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I think the pricing decrease between row 14 and 15 does have to with the "limited view" that will occur. Until we know the sightlines I don't think there is a "fact for me to grasp" as you say merely a different opinion.
That's great that this stuff isn't important to you, but your opinion is not the only one that is relevant. Other people who are paying in excess of $2,000 per ticket might be a little bummed out about not being able to see the fancy new scoreboard.
It's not a huge deal to me, but I certainly respect their opinion and see merit in it.

IF people can't ***** about something on a message board where can they? Have you ever looked at some of the game day threads? FAR more illogical than anything I have read here.

No, it doesn't. Every arena in the league with the 2 tiers has a price break at some point whether there is something to block your view of the beautiful new scoreboard or not. Except for Philadelphia where each row in the upper tier is a few bucks less than the previous row.

Last edited:

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
For the love of God it is not only the scoreboard. We have been through this so many times. It is the tunnel vision, the distraction of people above you.

I understand that, but my point was the view of the scoreboard has NOTHING to do with the price-break at row 15.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad