OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ratdog07067

Aug 4, 2011
Woodbridge, NJ
I wonder how much longer before we see it all lit up.

2013-10-3110_36_56-MSG-Opera.jpg

Malarowski

Jul 25, 2012
Honestly, it looks like they are right on track. I don't see much that still needs to be done. Looks like the ice is being prepared.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
I don't even see the bridges now. So much for the panic.

People in the upper 200s will definitely hate them. Most will get used to them, some never will and might give up their seasons because of it.

I can't wait to see that new pretty scoreboard all lit up in all it's glory.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Those renderings show 4 rings. I only see one in real life.

Yeah hoping they address that. Gotta do it quick if they do.

Im wondering about all of the extra speakers and electrical equipment thats up on the ceiling as well. That isnt shown in the rendering either. My biggest question is if they have/will re-paint the cable joints/ties that are currently purple.

stcatcs12

May 29, 2006
Those renderings show 4 rings. I only see one in real life.

I was talking to somebody who was working with the renovations again the other day and for some reason they kept bringing up a budget issue,which really doesn't make too much sense because you're talking about Madison Square Garden here ,and that a lot of the plans were scrapped because things just got too expensive.

The connecting LED rings around the arena, the LED rings on the bridges, and the new goal horn were all supposedly scrapped.

Not quite sure how much of this is true, but take it for what its worth

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
What I meant is that the main portion will not nest into the upper ring. In the latest picture, it is even higher than it is in renderings.

Agreed. The scoreboard is in it stowed position for concerts or the circus... when they need to maximize the height above the floor.

Cheers!
-Doug

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I was talking to somebody who was working with the renovations again the other day and for some reason they kept bringing up a budget issue,which really doesn't make too much sense because you're talking about Madison Square Garden here ,and that a lot of the plans were scrapped because things just got too expensive.

The connecting LED rings around the arena, the LED rings on the bridges, and the new goal horn were all supposedly scrapped.

Not quite sure how much of this is true, but take it for what its worth

The things you have listed here are not really big-ticket items... and if they can find the cash for them in PHX, FLA, or DAL, they should be in the bag here.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

Those are probably the 3 most exciting things besdies the scoreboard. Instead they waste money on pointless crap. Going to be disappointed if its a half a$$ scoreboard. This is MSG, we should have the best.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
What seats? I'm in Row 17.

I'm in row 16 & from what I can see on MSG's interactive seating chart at least 3/4's of the score board will be cut off from my seated view.

I think we are seats 8 & 9. I have asile seats again FINALLY! I'm not sure which side of the asile i'm on. I'm hoping it's not the asile next to the sky box, because if it is i'm screwed. They are basically old 400 section seats dressed up as the new 200's at twice the price.

stcatcs12

May 29, 2006
The things you have listed here are not really big-ticket items... and if they can find the cash for them in PHX, FLA, or DAL, they should be in the bag here.

It does seem a little strange to me, although everything we've seen so far from the original renditions to what is actually being built does in fact look like all of those things were scrapped for one reason or another.
And as minor as those items are, spending hundreds of millions of dollars on a renovation and not having what has become the norm in most other arenas (LED Ribbon Boards, an actual horn, etc) doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Moisture. Looks like that poor guy finished the job.

Attachments

• moisture.jpg
    moisture.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad