OT: Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Most of the scaffolding is down -
ry%3D480

The panorama view is back up but it's a few days old - you can see the seats though in this view
ry%3D480

God that ****ing SUCKS.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Is it too much to ask people to reserve their judgment until after they have some first-hand experience?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Is it too much to ask people to reserve their judgment until after they have some first-hand experience?

It's the internet!!!1!

Really, though, I think these photos are optical illusions. The first one doesn't look nearly as bad as the second one because of the concave shape of the ceiling, so the closer you get to the goal ends of the rink, the ****tier it looks.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Uh yes it does. People commute to work is more vital to economy. Current one is barely functional and wont be in the future.
And, a nicer concourse and prettier architecture is going to cause more people to commute through Penn Station? Yeah, if they go ahead with it, I think I will look to transfer to a school in Manhattan so I can walk through Penn Station everyday.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004

On this place? Haha. We have people on here who dont even go to games complaining about the bridges.

patriot174

Sep 1, 2011
I thought there was supposed to be LED ribbon boards on the bridges???

Sorta glad it wasn't added on the bridges seeing as how it wouldn't have wrapped all the way around due to the east end stacked suites/balcony. I'd prefer, assuming they still do add one, that the ribbon board wraps around the top of the mid-level suites along the facing of the upper bowl.

Giglio NYR15

Section 417
Jun 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The scaffolding is down now....I cant tell yet if that scoreboard matches the one from the rendering, but I guess its not completed, with the circular parts that will be on the top and bottom.

Megustaelhockey

Apr 29, 2011
The newest interior photos of the scoreboard seem to show that it is not a true wraparound set up. Slices were cut at the corners to separate the TV screen portion from what will probably be ad space.

Attachments

• scoreboard.jpg
    scoreboard.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2009
New York City
The newest interior photos of the scoreboard seem to show that it is not a true wraparound set up. Slices were cut at the corners to separate the TV screen portion from what will probably be ad space.

Aren't most of them made like that? Not a big deal. I'm just curious will there be another ring board at the bottom.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Judging by this computer rendering, the scoreboard cutouts aren't surprising. Also if you believe the picture to be accurate, there are 4 rings.

It's possible that they may have changed something though. For instance the pic shows the bridges having a ribbon board. Which now looks like it's been scrapped.

View attachment 67225

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

Apr 29, 2011
Judging by this computer rendering, the scoreboard cutouts aren't surprising. Also if you believe the picture to be accurate, there are 4 rings.

It's possible that they may have changed something though. For instance the pic shows the bridges having a ribbon board. Which now looks like it's been scrapped.

View attachment 67225

There have been very few updates since this came out, but I honestly would not be married to anything in this rendering...

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
There have been very few updates since this came out, but I honestly would not be married to anything in this rendering...

I really hope they keep the 4 rows of lights. I love how all of the banners and retired jerseys are hung in one of the rows.
The concentric circles look really nice working with the addition of a circular scoreboard top.

Accentuates the ceiling design, softens the arena perspective and delivers a defined focal point that was lacking in the old Garden.

ratdog07067

Aug 4, 2011
Woodbridge, NJ
Latest pic - I see the outline of the hockey rink is starting to be put in place

ry%3D480

Did they actually restore the ceiling in any way? I thought that was part of the plan.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
section / row??

that's just awful awful

edit: looks like it could be the aisle between 221 and 222, row 13. much worse than anyone imagined

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

Apr 29, 2011
section / row??

that's just awful awful

edit: looks like it could be the aisle between 221 and 222, row 13. much worse than anyone imagined

The project is NOT DONE.

My head is going to explode if i read more complaining about views in here. If you don't like the view from your seat, sit somewhere else. The structure of a building from the 1960s precludes every seat in the house from being a good one. That's just all there is to it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad