LW Taylor Hall (2010, 1st overall, EDM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Which combined turns into Peter. Quick question for AVSfans: "WHY THE HELL SUCH A STUPID NICKNAME LIKE FOPPA?"

Means something in Swedish, or atleast its a Swedish nickname. Ask them.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I haven't watched him play a ton, but this thread title made me initially think of Rick Nash. Maybe a bit leaner than him, but I see him as that sort of power forward. Could be way off base.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Tyler Seguin.

No, really - I like the Parise comparison. A speedy, tenacious scorer.

I don't see these Messier, Modano, LeCavalier comparisons... these guys were more rounded center-type players, and they never were the fastest players...

You could make a case for Nash... though he doesn't seem as awkward and clumsy as him... faster too.

Bure I could see as well, but that guy did nothing but score. Hall seems more willing to fight through traffic... and initiate contract in the opposing zone.

Modano is a elite skater.

Hall has a similar offensive skillset to Parise with Ovechkin's reckless abandon.

KingJet*

Oh by the way, my say is probably an Eric Staal or a Power-forward version of Mike Gartner

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Chiarelli has compared Hall to Iginla which I find pretty intriguing. Both are guys that can score in traffic and create their own space. Hard to knock off puck, good shot albeit Iginla's snipe is more with the slapper and get physical.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Chiarelli has compared Hall to Iginla which I find pretty intriguing. Both are guys that can score in traffic and create their own space. Hard to knock off puck, good shot albeit Iginla's snipe is more with the slapper and get physical.

I hope he turns out to be an Iginla... Flames fans get to feel what we've been feeling for years ;)

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Taylor Hall's one weakness

He always seems to have his mouth open. Go ahead; look at any video of him and you'll see it. Further examples:

taylor_hall.jpg

hall_windsor_ab37553_200-r97889&is=Right+Side+Bar

http://img.fannation.com/upload/truth_rumor/photo_upload/144/290/full/Taylor-Hall.jpg

TaylorHall.png

He's like a baby bird waiting to be fed.

MIKE GUNDY*

someone posted that he was the third most hyped prospect since lemieux

Tavaresmagicalplay*

It's because he's wearing a mouth guard. It makes it harder to breathe.

jablueblue

Jul 22, 2009
Pat Kane's mouthguard is always hanging out, I thought it made him better, not that it was a weakness?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad