LW Taylor Hall (2010, 1st overall, EDM)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andrew B

Oct 13, 2008
St. Albert
I think he compares closest to Modano, seeing the way he blazes down the ice and just wires one home brings back memories.

That said, like any special player, Hall can't be typecast as 1 player, he is a mix of many different playing styles. Thats typically a description for greatness.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Nah... Glenn Anderson fits best. He isn't really all the physical, but he plays with a real reckless abandon and drive to the net.

The twos games are nearly identical, just from different era's. Blazing speed, great hockey sense, fairly good sense, awesome hands, reckless style of play, and a knack for the net.

For those of you who have seen a fair amount of Taylor Hall, take a look at that video. It is eery how similar they are... I even think their career numbers will be similar: 1129 Games, 498 Goals, 601 Assists, 1099 Points, and 1120 PIMs.

...Although i doubt Hall will have that many PIMs.

Great comparison, Hall will have to work on the mustache.

KingJet*

Well, I went to the Memorial Cup on Sunday, I actually got to talk to him for a 10 Minutes, that was one of the questions I asked him and he said "Zach Parise, I feel alot like him when I'm on the ice." I actually also asked him how he feels about the draft and when he thinks he'd be picked, "I don't care where I go and it is very nerve racking and is alot of pressure."

Got him to autograph my Hockey News Magazine (he was on the cover) and a Photo

dream catcher

Apr 12, 2010
Well, I went to the Memorial Cup on Sunday, I actually got to talk to him for a 10 Minutes, that was one of the questions I asked him and he said "Zach Parise, I feel alot like him when I'm on the ice." I actually also asked him how he feels about the draft and when he thinks he'd be picked, "I don't care where I go and it is very nerve racking and is alot of pressure."

pretty good comparison. I think Zach might of been a better two way player, while Hall seems like he has more skill with the puck when Zach was 18.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005

I was ready to blast him for cherrypicking, but as the tournament has gone on, I have realized he really picks his spots. He does get in behind dmen, but rarely is it at the expense of his team. He is very rarely the first man back tho.

Lots of talent, one of the better players I've seen come through the ol' Keystone Center :P, although I really wish he'd just suck it up sometime instead of trying to draw a penalty.

Dutch Dreams

Sep 20, 2009
Tyler Seguin.

No, really - I like the Parise comparison. A speedy, tenacious scorer.

I don't see these Messier, Modano, LeCavalier comparisons... these guys were more rounded center-type players, and they never were the fastest players...

You could make a case for Nash... though he doesn't seem as awkward and clumsy as him... faster too.

Bure I could see as well, but that guy did nothing but score. Hall seems more willing to fight through traffic... and initiate contract in the opposing zone.

alexo

Jul 24, 2007
www.puttingonthefoil.com
Just for posterity's sake, I want to say that Hall gets my vote for #1 overall. I hope the Oil draft him. I have not seen enough of Seguin to really be able to judge him, but what I've seen of Hall has been pretty impressive. Seguin gets all the credit of being a complete player, but I find that Hall should get more credit as well too. He'll battle for a puck, he'll block shots, he'll get aggressive and keep you on your toes when you're breaking out, he's got a good shot that will likely only get better with age, and he's got fantastic speed. I like this kid. I haven't seen enough of Windsor this year, but I have a feeling that Windsor's top players are likely more a product of Hall than Hall is a product of them. Sure they might help cover up his mistakes now and then, but I think he's also made some of his teammates better too.

As for Seguin, well, as I said, I haven't seen him enough, but I fear he could be a "one hit wonder". Hall's been doing this for longer, in different competitions, and on a regular basis. I seem to recall the scouts saying that if he were available in last year's draft, he would have gone #1 overall.

Oilers, please select Hall!

Small Brain Presence

The way he uses his left arm when he's skating without the puck is something akin to the way Stanley Hudson looks when he's dribbling a basketball.

WheatiesHockey

Dec 19, 2006
I was going to say Geoff Sanderson and I mean that in a good sense too.
Sanderson was a real standout in junior with the Swift Current Broncos. Similar physical profiles and skating styles and a good set of eyes for the opportunity.
Sanderson managed to carve out a pretty decent pro career and maintain consistent production on some below average teams.
Nothing wrong with scoring 35-40 goals a year in the NHL these days.

JJTopper

Registered Creeper
Jul 11, 2002
Visit site
Nah... Glenn Anderson fits best. He isn't really all the physical, but he plays with a real reckless abandon and drive to the net.

The twos games are nearly identical, just from different era's. Blazing speed, great hockey sense, fairly good sense, awesome hands, reckless style of play, and a knack for the net.

For those of you who have seen a fair amount of Taylor Hall, take a look at that video. It is eery how similar they are... I even think their career numbers will be similar: 1129 Games, 498 Goals, 601 Assists, 1099 Points, and 1120 PIMs.

...Although i doubt Hall will have that many PIMs.

This is the best comparison I've seen by far. :handclap:

Orwell1984

Feb 10, 2009
Yeah, this draft reminds me of the Lecavalier vs. Legwand draft. Legwand had a great, out-of-the-blue season, but there was never any doubt who was going first.
Well put, every year we see the same storyline play out to varying degrees'. It helps "scouting services" sell their wares and hopefully helps T.V. ratings come draft day. Alot of people rely on the hypefest for their living, much ink will be spilled before this forgone conclusion becomes reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad