LW Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS Turku, Liiga (2022, 1st, MTL) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
His ability to keep the puck with his size and get it on a teammates stick is a massive weapon. But his real highlight was a pretty big dude hitting him at high speed while his head was down and he barely moved.

A regular fella is still getting scraped off the ice. He barely seemed to notice it happened.

of course…also…don’t skate into the middle of the ice with your head down

Hopefully he doesn't skate with his head down in NHL.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
What's with this form? Wouldn't shock me if he has many mysterious injuries in the future if that's how he trains. Maybe he can get away with it at 18 years of age, but... Hurt to watch most of that.

Such variety of exercises is of course a good thing but I'd really get the form looked at, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Except for the elbows that are a bit too flared out on the Bench Press, I fail to see how is for sucks that much.

Keep in mind that he's not doing your average gym rat workouts. He's quite clearly working with rather light weights and focusing on explosiveness. If he was to attempt a low rep count on bench press, he probably would have a much different form.

Reactions: Breakfast of Champs

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Care to elaborate?
"Yikes" connected to some sort of video or tweet that has negative content about a prospect is often code on hf for "I am looking to dump on a teenager of a team I don't root for and antagonize their entire fanbase but I am concerned if I am too blunt I will beflagged for violating terms of service so I'll just say "yikes" which is ambiguous enough that I won't be penalized by the moderators"

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
"Yikes" connected to some sort of video or tweet that has negative content about a prospect is often code on hf for "I am looking to dump on a teenager of a team I don't root for and antagonize their entire fanbase but I am concerned if I am too blunt I will beflagged for violating terms of service so I'll just say "yikes" which is ambiguous enough that I won't be penalized by the moderators"
I know lol. But he’s a Habs fan. Then again, there are a ton on the Habs board who hate Slafkovsky because they wanted the team to draft Wright. So you are probably correct in your assessment anyways.

edit: nvm, I misread his name - there is one on the Habs board with a similar name. And I now see the Ducks av lol

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I thought he might grow imto 235 but since 238 already, could be higher.

I always wondered what kind of game and how do you stop a 250 pound forward, we're about to find out.

With all the big young players coming up CC might need to carry a milk crate with him to talk face to face with the guys.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Reminds me of Eric Dazé.

Is it because of the dangerous play he did? Lucky us he didn't get a concussion. Let's hope he learns from this. Thing is Dazé never learned, and this is Slafkovsky's first game with pros in North America, I think it's a little premature to compare him to Dazé but I get your point. He was also playing at the rookie camp against desperate prospects looking to make an impression, hence the failed headhunt. Sure thing the coaching staff will use this mistake to their advantage to teach him a lesson.

Last edited:

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
I know lol. But he’s a Habs fan. Then again, there are a ton on the Habs board who hate Slafkovsky because they wanted the team to draft Wright. So you are probably correct in your assessment anyways.

edit: nvm, I misread his name - there is one on the Habs board with a similar name. And I now see the Ducks av lol
That’s the main reason those Habs fans hate Slafkovsky. But many do just because they hate current management/ownership so they want Slafkovsky to fail so management gets egg in the face.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leafshater67

xyzed

Jun 25, 2012
That’s the main reason those Habs fans hate Slafkovsky. But many do just because they hate current management/ownership so they want Slafkovsky to fail so management gets egg in the face.
that is so toxic. Wanting a player (who has nothing to do with how the organization is managed) to fail just because they don't like current management is so ridiculous and stupid I can't even...

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Another one prospect for betting the guy on internet. Students were not expected him as first overall. Now they wil revenge.

Reactions: My3Sons

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I thought he looked good in the preseason game. I thought he made a lot of good decisions and showed some good IQ. But man, he has a bit of difficulty generating foot speed. He can eventually get to a decent speed but it looks like his feet are made of lead at times. He might be too heavy. But, he is an absolute tank of man.

Obviously he’s physically ready for the NHL, but I’m really interested to see his offensive ability throughout the season and what numbers he puts up.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I thought he looked good in the preseason game. I thought he made a lot of good decisions and showed some good IQ. But man, he has a bit of difficulty generating foot speed. He can eventually get to a decent speed but it looks like his feet are made of lead at times. He might be too heavy. But, he is an absolute tank of man.

Obviously he’s physically ready for the NHL, but I’m really interested to see his offensive ability throughout the season and what numbers he puts up.

I don't think even his biggest supporters are expecting much offensively from him this season if he sticks with the Habs - he's 18 and playing on a team that just finished dead last in the league.

I'm much more interested to see what he looks like in 2-3 years, this year alone shouldn't reflect much on his future potential offensive ability

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021

Is he starting in the NHL? Sounds like a mistake, let him percolate in the A first.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
Is that really a issue? I mean, he is a big boy. Massive boy with 100+ kg.
Yes. Speed and skating is arguably the most important skill in today’s league. He doesn’t need to be Pavel Bure but the faster he gets, the higher chance he gets to live up to his draft position.

I’d let him rip up the AHL to start personally.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I’d I had to make a decision based on tonight I’d say AHL. Fortunately I can wait a few weeks to do so

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
It's most likely he starys with the team but a good season would be between 35-45 points as a rookie.

He isn't a world beater 1st overall. We have to remember in most drafts he was probably going in the 2-4 range. Many of those start in the NHL but aren't super productive in D+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad