LW Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS Turku, Liiga (2022, 1st, MTL) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Everyone complaining about his damn form WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE FORM!?!?!? You guys keep saying his form is bad or whatever but don't tell us what the f*** is wrong with it!

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
I just don't like using short tournaments as measuring sticks.
Bingo. It's for precisely this reason that fourth line players in the NHL who "show up to big games and elevate their play" - take Devante Smith-Pelly, for instance - get signed to ridiculous contracts year after year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Nick Suzuki might not currently be a 'star' per-say, but he certainly isn't going to hold anyone's development back.

No but with 2 LW's in CC and Slaf only one is going to play with Suzuki right?

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
No but with 2 LW's in CC and Slaf only one is going to play with Suzuki right?

Caufield is a RW who St Louis made him play on his off side. Slafkovsky did it often too.

they’ll for sure play together, Caufield on the right, Slafkovsky on the right doesn’t really matter

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Caufield is a RW who St Louis made him play on his off side. Slafkovsky did it often too.

they’ll for sure play together, Caufield on the right, Slafkovsky on the right doesn’t really matter

Sure I guess that could work but like I said Montreal has a lot of work to do on their top 6 still they have Suzuki and a late spurt from CC and then maybe Slaf, I doubt anyone else currently on the roster last season will be in their top 6 in 2 or 3 years.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Sure I guess that could work but like I said Montreal has a lot of work to do on their top 6 still they have Suzuki and a late spurt from CC and then maybe Slaf, I doubt anyone else currently on the roster last season will be in their top 6 in 2 or 3 years.
Your affirmation was that they both where playing LW so they both wouldn’t play with Suzuki and i responded.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017

Slaf - Suzuki - CC

Another perfection line-lite possibility

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Everyone complaining about his damn form WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE FORM!?!?!? You guys keep saying his form is bad or whatever but don't tell us what the f*** is wrong with it!
Who is suggesting this “form” stuff other than one poster? IMO the Habs drafted the wrong guy at 1OA, but these workout images have me questioning my draft day opinion.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
What's with this form? Wouldn't shock me if he has many mysterious injuries in the future if that's how he trains. Maybe he can get away with it at 18 years of age, but... Hurt to watch most of that.

Such variety of exercises is of course a good thing but I'd really get the form looked at, hopefully sooner rather than later.
I’ve been coaching and managing personal trainers for over 10 years. His form is excellent, as far as that video demonstarates, and the exercises that could be seen as injury risks (ie: jumping squats) are low intensity for his fitness level, thus safe

The “risky” movements you see, are in fact designed for improved performance AND injury prevention

I’m almost 40 and I train myself similarly. I’ve suffered zero joint injuries, and my 35th season of puck starts in 3 days

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Slaf - Suzuki - CC

Another perfection line-lite possibility

That's a bit of a stretch as Bergeron and Marchand are both elite 2 way players and Pasta is a Richard candidate as well but I guess if one calls it perfection LITEish maybe eh?

I also like Suzuki quite a bit but not sure he will even scratch the Bergeron level but he might get "extra" Selke voting for being on the Habs we have seen it before.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He's now at 6 ft 3 and 238 lbs. Insane.

Very few NHLers heavier than him.

And his father doesn't look fat at all, and is taller than him. So little risk of him getting too big.
That's insane he's that big already... He's going to be a beast by his mid 20s wow

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
He's now at 6 ft 3 and 238 lbs. Insane.

Very few NHLers heavier than him.

And his father doesn't look fat at all, and is taller than him. So little risk of him getting too big.
2 NHL forwards are officially heavier. There’s Bryan Boyle and if Slafkovsky doesn’t drink too much water today, Frederick Gauthier is still 1 pound heavier.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010
Watched him at the Sabres/Canadiens prospect game.

Long reach
Plays the boards well
Hard to knock off the puck
Sometimes a little heads down with the puck
Moves into scoring areas well
As he learns to be more aggressive he will be more successful

Overall a decent game. You could tell the skill is there - just needs to acclimate

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
His highlights in the Sabres game were impressive. He may not be Jagr, but I think Habs were smart to roll the dice on his upside at #1. Hard to believe he is only 18.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
His ability to keep the puck with his size and get it on a teammates stick is a massive weapon. But his real highlight was a pretty big dude hitting him at high speed while his head was down and he barely moved.

A regular fella is still getting scraped off the ice. He barely seemed to notice it happened.

of course…also…don’t skate into the middle of the ice with your head down

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
His ability to keep the puck with his size and get it on a teammates stick is a massive weapon. But his real highlight was a pretty big dude hitting him at high speed while his head was down and he barely moved.

A regular fella is still getting scraped off the ice. He barely seemed to notice it happened.

of course…also…don’t skate into the middle of the ice with your head down

This is what worried me about him when watching his highlights, way to slow handling puck deciding what to do when crossing blueline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad