LW Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS Turku, Liiga (2022, 1st, MTL) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Does this mean that for example Sean Farrell is a real deal? Or that Marry Beniers is meh since he didn't excel at scrub Olympic? Game sample is simple too small to be of any reference.
Like I said, I don't doubt Slafkovsky's talent, but using Olympics is pointess.
Liiga is much better reference. He's doing good, but many kids who turned out to be top NHL players outscored him in Liiga big time at 18.
Everything is possible, but he'll probably end up drafted 5th, or maybe No4.
If you are gonna dismiss Slaf because u think olympics was not high level, then you have to dismiss Wright aswell since OHL is even lower level than No-NHLers Olympics.

I'm saying he put up Adam Tambellini numbers. Really solid stuff. Not quite as good as Adam Tambellini, but pretty close. Solid effort.
Shane Wright would not put up those kind of numbers if he played in that olympics.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
It really is a shame.
Teams fanbases latch onto the players like they have ownership of them and a civil war errupts and people you haven't seen on the prospect section all year suddenly flood the discussion with childish intentions.

The thing is it’s not even like it’s Devils fans fervently defending him because we think we’re going to get him or like the Habs fanbase tearing him down in here lol

Last edited:

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
If you are gonna dismiss Slaf because u think olympics was not high level, then you have to dismiss Wright aswell since OHL is even lower level than No-NHLers Olympics.

Shane Wright would not put up those kind of numbers if he played in that olympics.
I didn't mention Wright. Just saying it's great that Slafkovsky put up Adam Tambellini numbers in the olympics. well almost.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
So Slaf outscored players who where much older than him, in olympics and WHC, but that does not count? Meanwhile Wright cant even outscore guys who are 2 years older than him.
I happen to know for a fact that Slafkovsky did not outscore Adam Tambellini

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Slaf had more points than Peter Forsberg had in Olympics 1994. 94 Olympics also where without NHLers.
Miroslav Satan scored 9 goals in 8 games in those Olympics while being a year younger than Forsberg.
In your reasoning Satan >>>>>> Forsberg. Those Olympics proved he was a superior player. Far superior then the older Forsberg.
What happened? How was it possible that Forsberg was drafted No6 while Satan in 5th round 2 years later than Forsberg? How was if possible that Forsberg was actually a far better player?
But, but.... Satan destroyed him in those Olympics.

Reactions: MoneyManny

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
There should be a rule that if you haven’t viewed a thread before the lottery you can’t post in it afterwards.

Do you think Dvorsky is a better prospect than Nemec?
It’s hard to judge, Dvorsky’s numbers are quite similar to Lucas Raymond at the same age (Dvorsky few months younger). Nemec is a projected top 5 pick who has accomplished quite a bit, in the Slovak league and internationally. I haven’t seen Dvorsky vs top 2004-2005 competition since HGC so it is difficult to judge. The WJC 2 months from now should provide a better insight. For me Ciernik has surpassed him as the best 2023 Slovak though, primarily fueled by his skating ability.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Miroslav Satan scored 9 goals in 8 games in those Olympics while being a year younger than Forsberg.
In your reasoning Satan >>>>>> Forsberg. Those Olympics proved he was a superior player. Far superior then the older Forsberg.
What happened? How was it possible that Forsberg was drafted No6 while Satan in 5th round 2 years later than Forsberg? How was if possible that Forsberg was actually a far better player?
But, but.... Satan destroyed him in those Olympics.
Those olympics didn't have NHLers

except:

Forsberg
Satan
Koivu
Stastny
Loob
Rolston
Kariya
Lehtinen
Nedved
Palffy

Few as good as Gaetano Orlando but still decent

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
WC was a bit stronger competition, and there Slafkofsky earned his points vs France, Italy, Kazahkstan, Switzerland, Denmark.
Not bad, but in 2 games where Slovaks were crushed by the "big guys" he was easily shut down.

Your username says it all.

In case you didn't know, Switzerland was the group winner after defeating Canada, and you list it along with Kazakhstan. :loony: Denmark defeated Canada, too.

It's obvious you haven't watched the games but are only stats-watching. Slovakia wasn't "crushed by the big guys", in case your stats-watching led you to believe that about the playoff game versus Finland, where Finland had to fear for the result until the final seconds and Slafkovský hit the iron, so he was anything but "easily shut down". :blah:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
The thing is it’s not even like it’s Devils fans fervently defending him because we think we’re going to get him or like the Habs fanbase tearing him down in here lol
I'm an Habs fans and i can say they're tearing Slafkovsky down because they're insecure, they want Wright to be better than the other players so bad.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'm an Habs fans and i can say they're tearing Slafkovsky down because they're insecure, they want Wright to be better than the other players so bad.

lol I know it’s happening over on the Habs subforum but I don’t feel like it’s happening as much in here. I also think a lot of the criticisms people have of him are fair. There’s some stuff like downplaying producing against the worst WC teams but questioning how good he’ll end up or bringing up his poor TPS production is completely fair criticism

Reactions: WeThreeKings

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
lol I know it’s happening over on the Habs subforum but I don’t feel like it’s happening as much in here. I also think a lot of the criticisms people have of him are fair. There’s some stuff like downplaying producing against the worst WC teams but questioning how good he’ll end up or bringing up his poor TPS production is completely fair criticism
I don't get it. I hope Wright is the best player, because he's the likely pick for Montreal. Slavkovsky will be an excellent player too, so no reason for people to knock him unless they have real points about him or his game. He definitely has his fans even on the Habs board.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
He is better than both especially a guy who got 10 points in his draft year.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
He is better than both especially a guy who got 10 points in his draft year.

In what universe is any amount of points against children more impressive than 10 points against men? :loony: With the bonus of being named Olympic MVP while underaged?

By the way, Slafkovský played against children in their league this season, too, scoring 18 points in 11 games, which is 1.64 PPG, again outperforming Wright with his 1.49 PPG.

Reactions: mirec04

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

I don’t think a dozen posts that just repeat the name “Adam Tambellini” as an inside joke enjoyed solely by poster functions as criticism per se, these threads are going off the rails quite a bit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad