LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

May 10, 2009
They could put them together when everyone comes back. Kinda like Gaudreau-Monahan-Colborne?

Rather keep Johnny and Hudler together, they've got a lot of chemistry. I just think that Gaudreau-Monahan-Hudler would be the closest thing this team will have to a legitimate 1st line in a long time. I don't mind Hartley keeping them split up though, after all, the Hawks don't play Kane with Toews :sarcasm:

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
I think we are doing a good job with Sean and Johnny split up.

At some point, whether this year or next, Gaudreau and Monahan will play together. And the results will be devastating.

Colborne-Monahan-Gaudreau
Hudler-Bennett-Poirier
Baertschi-Backlund-Granlund
Bouma-Jooris-Ferland

Can't wait.

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
I had amazing seats at the game tonight and was blown away by Gaudreau yet again. He is already the best player on the team and makes so many small plays offensively and defensively that go unnoticed on TV at times. It is scary to think that he is still only a rookie.

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
I had amazing seats at the game tonight and was blown away by Gaudreau yet again. He is already the best player on the team and makes so many small plays offensively and defensively that go unnoticed on TV at times. It is scary to think that he is still only a rookie.

Yes he's better than Giordano:help:

stardefender*

Only 16 NHLers have more assists this season than Gaudreau.

His vision is second to none. Amazing play-making skills and the only reason he's not higher up in assists than he currently is seems to be the fact so many teammates aren't expecting the tape to tape passes he dishes to them.

He's going to keep climbing up in that stat category and what's scary is that sooner or later he'll get more confident shooting and the floodgates will open for goals.

Jonny Hockey is the real deal.

May 23, 2007
Calgary
At the end of last season I asked where people thought he would go in a redraft. I said top 5 possibly, and pretty much everyone thought I was crazy.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1676363&page=8

How about now? I think there is a pretty strong argument for him being a top 3 pick, maybe even number 1. He is beginning to look like the best player from his draft year.

Gotta wait and see what happens this season first. But it's looking likely that he could be in Top 10 or Top 5 if there was a re-draft.

Yosemite Sam

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Jealous Oilers fan here.

Sticking with my prediction from awhile ago. He will play the whole year in the NHL and if given the icetime, he will put up 60 points (possibly +) and win the Calder. Your team (and the Battle of Alberta) just got much more exciting for sure.

That's right. I'm quoting myself. This was from July.

dealwithit.gif

PS. lol at my Battle of Alberta comment. Man that's depressing.

HockeyGuy1975

May 22, 2009
I'll say it again... sky is the limit for Johnny. It's only a matter of time before he passes Forsberg in points. A top 20 finish by year's end is a real possibility. Let's remember... he is a 21 year old rookie who was playing NJ high school hockey a few years ago. Wait until he is a 24/25 year old NHL veteran.

As a hockey fan in general, with Datsyuk looking like his days are limited, I'm grateful Gaudreau is around to fill that mensa hockey void.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
At the end of last season I asked where people thought he would go in a redraft. I said top 5 possibly, and pretty much everyone thought I was crazy.

How about now? I think there is a pretty strong argument for him being a top 3 pick, maybe even number 1. He is beginning to look like the best player from his draft year.

In a thread before the season started, non-flames/non-gaudreau fans had decided he was worth a 2nd rounder. :laugh:

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Probably needs a stint in the AHL... Just kidding...

Amazing how good he looks. I beleived he would be a top 6 winger, but didn't think he'd adjust so fast. Saw him in the summer and was schocked at how small he was. I mean he is tiny! But apparently no one has told him that yet.

Good for him.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Im pretty sure WhiskeyYourtheDevils has been converted to a closet Flames fan by our undersized midget :naughty:

They are probably my favorite team out west now. I guess when you watch a team a lot, that happens. Its hard not to watch them when Gaudreau is playing, he's by far the most entertaining player to watch IMO. But that's probably because I have a thing for cerebral hockey plays. I enjoy the brilliant little things he does more than his scoring plays.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Sometimes you have to acknowledge that you're just flat out wrong.
This is one of those times. JG is definitely the real deal. Wow!

Oh, and the other times you acknowledge you are wrong...?
If you're married you already know the answer! :laugh:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Sometimes you have to acknowledge that you're just flat out wrong.
This is one of those times. JG is definitely the real deal. Wow!

Oh, and the other times you acknowledge you are wrong...?
If you're married you already know the answer! :laugh:

Out of curiosity I looked up your post history for this thread. I found it amusing. :laugh:

Seriously though, props to you for admitting when you were mistaken. More than can be said for most of the worst offenders in these threads.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Out of curiosity I looked up your post history for this thread. I found it amusing. :laugh:

Seriously though, props to you for admitting when you were mistaken. More than can be said for most of the worst offenders in these threads.

My biggest issue was whether he could take the rigours of the NHL given his size.
I know there are examples of small players succeeding but they are rare despite what people say. But I've watched Gaudreau play enough to see that he's one of those unique players who doesn't play a perimeter game because of his size.

On a totally unrelated matter, does anyone know if it's possible to delete your post history permanently on this site?

:laugh:

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

Right there with you. Before the season, I didn't have much separation between Drouin and Gaudreau. Now I'm not sure who I take if given the choice. Gaudreau is a franchise player in the making.

They are probably my favorite team out west now. I guess when you watch a team a lot, that happens. Its hard not to watch them when Gaudreau is playing, he's by far the most entertaining player to watch IMO. But that's probably because I have a thing for cerebral hockey plays. I enjoy the brilliant little things he does more than his scoring plays.

Again, same. The Flames are my #2 team now. Just a really likable team they've put together.

EDIT: Awesome that people are actually coming back to eat their well-earned crow.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
He has 4 goals in 25 games... That wouldn't even crack 14 goals in an 82 game year, and that's if he doesn't slow down (which he will) like Monahan did last year. Flames players and the whole team are infamous for their hot start but **** poor rest of the season.

Whatever makes you feel better.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
He has 4 goals in 25 games... That wouldn't even crack 14 goals in an 82 game year, and that's if he doesn't slow down (which he will) like Monahan did last year. Flames players and the whole team are infamous for their hot start but **** poor rest of the season.

And I think it's pretty insane to compare Drouin to him, when Drouin >>>..> Gaudreau.

On pace for 14G - 47A for 61pts as a rookie is damn fine by me!

Welcome to the thread! I'm sure you'll continue to add insightful posts. :laugh:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

And I think it's pretty insane to compare Drouin to him, when Drouin >>>..> Gaudreau.

He's been fighting some puck luck around the net. He could probably have 7 or 8 goals by now had they gone the other way. The goals will come, especially as teams respect his passing ability more and more.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto

lol really?
right now gaudreau>drouin. drouin has the tools to become the better player, but right now all you need to do is watch them play to see the difference at the moment.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
He's been fighting some puck luck around the net. He could probably have 7 or 8 goals by now had they gone the other way. The goals will come, especially as teams respect his passing ability more and more.

He's still being too deferential to his teammates. He's almost always looking for a pass.

He needs to shoot more, and take more opportunities to just do it himself, but I'm sure that will pick up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad