LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halpysback*

I admire your persistence. I can assure you though, it just makes the ******** hurt that much more. Enjoy

Hurt what? Sam Gagner had an 8 point game once. Whole Flames team is scoring at will. He's gonna be about as useful in the playoffs as David Desharnais (if the Flames ever make them while he's still on the team that is)

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Hurt what? Sam Gagner had an 8 point game once. Whole Flames team is scoring at will. He's gonna be about as useful in the playoffs as David Desharnais (if the Flames ever make them while he's still on the team that is)

Based on what? Just because they're the same height. Jesus really grasping at straws eh.

stardefender*

Yea it's not like Gaudreau has ever been a major contributor on a championship team like leading his team to a Frozen Four Championship or a World Junior Championship.

Obvious troll is obvious. lol

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005
I am a flames fan and totally enjoying the johnny show. He is starting to play with better linemates now and producing. The team had to adjust more to him than he to them.

Other team fans want to criticize go ahead. Any rookie on any team producing like this would have their fan base giddy. Johnny Hockey 15 game career. Could end in a heartbeat or continue for the next 15 years.

Add Monahan Bennett and the dark horse Poirier, holy skill. Some grit too. Add Klimchuck, and all the b prospects that are growing just fine. I am stoked!

We need some D prospects though. We got a couple with potential though. No sure fire 1 -2 dmen though.

Sit back and watch the show.

stardefender*

We need some D prospects though. We got a couple with potential though. No sure fire 1 -2 dmen though.

TJ Brodie says hi. :nod:

Easy to forget, and I know he's not a prospect any more, but he's only 24. I agree the Flames need more high end young D, but they're still re-building and have time to try and build the back end. Brodie's a stud, Gio has several good years left and Sieloff and Wortherspoon look like quality 4 to 6 types. Fill in from there and that's a well rounded young looking team.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
I am a flames fan and totally enjoying the johnny show. He is starting to play with better linemates now and producing. The team had to adjust more to him than he to them.

Other team fans want to criticize go ahead. Any rookie on any team producing like this would have their fan base giddy. Johnny Hockey 15 game career. Could end in a heartbeat or continue for the next 15 years.

Add Monahan Bennett and the dark horse Poirier, holy skill. Some grit too. Add Klimchuck, and all the b prospects that are growing just fine. I am stoked!

We've already got one of the best top pairings in the league. What we need is a real veteran #3. A Dennis Seidenberg type - I know they don't grow on trees, and I hope Wotherspoon develops into that type of player for us, but it would be the most pressing area of concern on the big club. Engelland and Smid are fine this year, but at least one of those guys has to move for 2015-16. Preferably Engelland, though I don't dislike him nearly as much as most.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Flames are awesome, it's nice to see Gaudreau succeeding, I don't know how anyone could root against this kid unless you hate the Flames or something.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011

I have no horse in this race so I'm not just jumping to the defense of a player on my favourite team here, but I would love to see you substantiate this statement.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell

I agreed with you on the D prospects part (was hoping for McKeown this past draft). Wotherspoon should be good coming up but to succeed we need a guy like Hjalmarsson to shoulder the load off Gio-Brodie in the future. Right now Russell and Wideman are doing a great job

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
You have to be the only person on the planet that thinks the Flames are scoring at will.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not a flames fan but find Johnny to be a very entertaining player. Great to see his game transition so well. Like all prospects I have to see it at the next level and it was the same case here but the kid is not missing a beat.

Congrats to the Flames fans.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada

And this is the next argument now eh?

Gaudreau's only good in the regular season (we all know it doesn't mean anything right?).

He won't be able to do it in the playoffs though...

Lol...

Intangiblezz

Oct 21, 2012
I really didn't think Gaudreau would be doing this well but I can admit I was wrong and he has adapted very well.

But Flames fans need to calm down with the hype a bit. We aren't even 20 games into the season. He deserves credit for what he has done so far but it isn't the first time a young player gets onto a hot start. Give him time before we really evaluate him.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
I really didn't think Gaudreau would be doing this well but I can admit I was wrong and he has adapted very well.

But Flames fans need to calm down with the hype a bit. We aren't even 20 games into the season. He deserves credit for what he has done so far but it isn't the first time a young player gets onto a hot start. Give him time before we really evaluate him.

I agree. And I'm a Flames fan.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010

But Flames fans need to calm down with the hype a bit. We aren't even 20 games into the season. He deserves credit for what he has done so far but it isn't the first time a young player gets onto a hot start. Give him time before we really evaluate him.[

Lol, where were you when all the critics were calling him a disappointment three games into the season?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Lol, where were you when all the critics were calling him a disappointment three games into the season?

Yeah no kidding.

And I pretty much thought Gaudreau would take several games to become acclimitized to the NHL before he started to produce. Yes he's going to have some games where he doesn't score, but this is a player that is going to continue to trend upwards. We have no reason to calm down, we have every reason to be as excited as we are.

And I'm glad it's just not "Flames" fans on HF that have made Kane comparisons, because pretty much every analyst I've watched this season has made those as well.

Ace88*

If anything i think his size might be his greatest asset. Hes too slippery to hit, and he can do things with the puck in tight spaces that bigger players just cant.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
If anything i think his size might be his greatest asset. Hes too slippery to hit, and he can do things with the puck in tight spaces that bigger players just cant.

This. People need to realize the NHL has changed so much. It's about speed and decision making more than ever. Gaudreau has both in spades. The clutch and grab Era is over and people need to realize smaller players thrive in this NHL. Crosby, Kane, Mackinnon, Drouin, Kessel, all under 6 foot which would generally be considered "small".

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
This. People need to realize the NHL has changed so much. It's about speed and decision making more than ever. Gaudreau has both in spades. The clutch and grab Era is over and people need to realize smaller players thrive in this NHL. Crosby, Kane, Mackinnon, Drouin, Kessel, all under 6 foot which would generally be considered "small".

You forgot David Desharnais;)

No but Martin St. Louis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad