LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
Right now he is deceptive and other teams are having problems handling him. Seems they are giving him too much space, but I feel (and apparently so do they) that if you pressure him, he has the ability to make smart, short passes that will leave you exposed. Games I've seen, he seems to have all day with the puck and I honestly think this is a product of teams respecting his ability.

Karlsson2Turris*

The hype is real, in the end it'll be a two horse race between him and Forseberg for Calder (maybe Drouin if he starts getting more icetime).

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
So happy for this kid. He creates so much time and space for himself. Teams are just letting him go wide instead of rubbing him out, probably not playing him aggressive enough.

Mind you he has that ability to avoid checks. Definitely has that Gretzky ability to blend in and avoid contact, absorb contact.

How many times are teams going to allow those goal crease passes? If those goals had been score by Detroit they might have been disallowed! :)

But seriously, the time he has around the sides of the boards and behind the net, especially in todays game was crazy. Is it always like that?

Shifty, Crafty.

The kid has found away to excel and adapt.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Simply put, the kid is a Chameleon. Put him in any situation and he will adapt. He's like a freakin Animorph.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
So happy for this kid. He creates so much time and space for himself. Teams are just letting him go wide instead of rubbing him out, probably not playing him aggressive enough.

Mind you he has that ability to avoid checks. Definitely has that Gretzky ability to blend in and avoid contact, absorb contact.

How many times are teams going to allow those goal crease passes? If those goals had been score by Detroit they might have been disallowed! :)

But seriously, the time he has around the sides of the boards and behind the net, especially in todays game was crazy. Is it always like that?

Shifty, Crafty.

The kid has found away to excel and adapt.

I think that teams are giving him space because of his ability to change direction in a closet.

If you push into his space he's just as likely to step around you for a shot on goal.

JFHockey

Nov 8, 2014
Calgary
Sure he looks good against NHL caliber defense, but how well is he going to do once the rapture comes and he has to play against the demonic hordes of Satan himself? Kid's going to get crushed. Almost feel bad for him.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Sure he looks good against NHL caliber defense, but how well is he going to do once the rapture comes and he has to play against the demonic hordes of Satan himself? Kid's going to get crushed. Almost feel bad for him.

Thank-you for this!!! :laugh: :handclap:

The BEST 1st post in HF history! :handclap:

Semoner403

Feb 20, 2006
calgary
I miss seeing some of the past regular posters in this thread... Sad not seeing them contribute anything lately... :sarcasm:

Kids on fire. Love his skill and attitude!

There needs to be a crow eating hall of fame for this thread. Post them for everyone to see and forever enshrined thanks to their smug stupidity.

I wouldn't be bother usually, but these were just so damn confident in their "facts" that would ensure Johnny would fail. He's small. That's all they had. No real knowledge, just an obvious thing any moron could see.

It's early but the kid is clearly for real. Be jelly

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Theo Fleury reborn...

I knew the guy was gonna be good. Flames coming together nicely.. while on the other hand up north..

Halpysback*

There needs to be a crow eating hall of fame for this thread. Post them for everyone to see and forever enshrined thanks to their smug stupidity.

I wouldn't be bother usually, but these were just so damn confident in their "facts" that would ensure Johnny would fail. He's small. That's all they had. No real knowledge, just an obvious thing any moron could see.

Yeah people are just falling over themselves how much they want him :laugh:

No one wants your midget on a hot streak. Get over it.

Steven

May 10, 2009
Yeah people are just falling over themselves how much they want him :laugh:

No one wants your midget on a hot streak. Get over it.
lol

If you're gunna troll this blatantly, at least try to do a good job. No one is even discussing whether or not teams are interested. And besides, I can assure you, the midget is not for sale.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Yes! This needs to happen, someone with a computer please!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Not half bad first post... not half bad. :laugh:

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
My keeper draft thanks Johnny hockey. Also, LOL to the guys who were smirking when I picked him round 1 this year.(its been going for 10 years...)

stardefender*

Beauty of a pass in today's game from Johnny Hockey to Monahan:

** TIP: Watch FULL SCREEN and focus on last ultra slow mo replay**

Last edited by a moderator:

DayTripper

Jul 9, 2013
DPR of HF
I say potential wise, yes he falls in that range of picks, but years down the line, what I mean is, he will be one of those borderline players that could excel at the AHL or be decent at the NHL level. Like Arcobello from the Oilers, for example. Many late first picks follow that trend.

You know, the Flame fans are getting silly about the hype for this little guy....it actually is going to be rather funny when they find out he simply will not be able to hack it playing with the giants of the NHL....

But hey...not to much to cheer about in Flame land...so I guess the over the top silliness vis a vis Johnny boy is understandable!

I wouldn't trade yakupov for him. Let the flames keep him, I can't wait to watch him bust and the flames fans cry.

First off all taking what he is "listed at" isn't the greatest measure as every team lists their players as bigger than what they actually are. All you need to do is see pictures of him to know that he is no taller than 5'6-7.

Second of all that puts him at about 4-5 inches smaller than most NHL players which is a HUGE difference at the NHL level. A guy that small will get thrown around.

Players like St.Louis are one in a million, I don't see Gaudreau having that ability.

IMO Calgary would be smart to ship him off now while his value is at an all-time high and let him bust for someone else.

lol
You can't be serious.
Sure, Bennett isn't a big guy. But at least he doesn't have the body of a 12 year old girl.

Gaudreau will get absolutely crushed and demolished very quickly in the NHL, IMO. Heavily doubt he makes it through a complete first full season before being on the LTIR--and if it's a bad concussion... Yeah, could be a short career. Just my opinion.

Worth about a 4th rounder, I would say.

It's like the Flames' version of Robbie Schremp

I've never been more confident about a hot-shot prospect not making it.

Nylander. Gaudreau won't be an NHL superstar contrary to Calgary fans belief. He will be an AHL tweener.

Good value for Gaudreau would be a 2nd round pick.

You need to take off the Homer glasses, if you seriously think he's worth a 1st round pick.

Its simply not happening.

Agree 100% with Gaudreau. Cant wait till he busts.

Petan will be the better palyer...Gaudreau is a midget that will never even make the NHL...sorry Flame fans but that is reality!

That's just a few. There are obviously a lot more.

Last edited:

Pomeranian

Sep 2, 2008
Just watched Wayne Gretzky interviewed by George Stroumbo. Nice praise for Johnny, saying other players "feed off his energy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad