LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Dekes Price out of his jockstrap and then misses the wide open net lol. Some nifty mitts though

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Amazing game tonight! Besides Price, he was by far the best player on the ice.

Last edited by a moderator:

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
He played quite well tonight. Amazing skill and speed. Kid will be a hell of a player in the league.
Oh I hate the flames but they have some nice pieces for the future, especially with Brodie on D.
Kelly Hrudey is quickly turning almost unbearable to listen to for me on a side note.

PKarey Plekoretty

Nov 16, 2011
Just stopping by to say I live in Calgary and have been to the Bolts and Caps games at home so far this season, and was there again tonight. He was the best player on the ice outside of Price tonight IMO

I've got no horse in this race but watching him play so far this year and he's looked like a future stud

stardefender*

The no goal was the correct call once the puck hit Price's blade... but man that was a nifty move:

@Dave_Stubbs: Price on Gaudreau SO: “He made a great move, he had me totally beat, I stuck my leg out & fortunately I got enough to stop momentum of puck"

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
How many people actually said he's a bust? I think most of it was "he's not living up to the hype"

He will never live up to the hype simply because he is to tiny....I wouldn't say he will be a bust...i have him down for 35-40 points....but the Flames fan base are way absurd in pumping him up.

His problem will forever be his lack of size...yes he can some neat tricks out there and dipsy doodle but he will never be remotely be close to some superstar that Flame fans have made him out to be....

If, and this is a big if, he can stand the rigors of the NHL style playing against big men, I could see him as a decent 2nd line player...in the 50-55 point range....but I simply cannot see him lasting with his size...

Again, once he starts getting plastered on a regular basis, I find it hard to believe his system will allow him to ever continue at a high level....simple physics really....

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
I hope all the best for this kid, I hope he succeeds and finds a place in the NHL. If a guy like Gerbe can find a place, Johnny hockey can too. He is going to make a good living playing the game he loves, I really have no idea how successful he can or will be. He seems to have the smarts to have a productive career, regardless of his size.

If he doesn't excel in the NHL or wants more money, he would fit so well in the KHL or several European leagues, he will make his millions regardless.

Personally I think stories like this are fantastic for hockey and no one should be hating on this kid, everyone should be wishing he does well. Would be a great story to see him reach some level of success.

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
Not a Flames fan but love watching this kid play, really impressive

Side note I have no idea why non Flames fans on here are so against the kid

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Didn't get to see the game last night, how did he look?

Saw some highlights but it didnt show much of anything. Saw that shootout attempt though, great move.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He will never live up to the hype simply because he is to tiny....I wouldn't say he will be a bust...i have him down for 35-40 points....but the Flames fan base are way absurd in pumping him up.

His problem will forever be his lack of size...yes he can some neat tricks out there and dipsy doodle but he will never be remotely be close to some superstar that Flame fans have made him out to be....

If, and this is a big if, he can stand the rigors of the NHL style playing against big men, I could see him as a decent 2nd line player...in the 50-55 point range....but I simply cannot see him lasting with his size...

Again, once he starts getting plastered on a regular basis, I find it hard to believe his system will allow him to ever continue at a high level....simple physics really....

Yea, same things they said about Gretzky. And for those of you with reading comprehension challenges, I am not comparing his ability to 99's.

Gaudreau is no different than guys like Kariya or St Louis, tons of skill in smaller bodies. There's no reason to think he couldn't have a career like theirs.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Didn't get to see the game last night, how did he look?

Saw some highlights but it didnt show much of anything. Saw that shootout attempt though, great move.

Best skater on the ice. Probably should have finished with 3+ points if not for Price standing on his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad