LW Jan Jenik (2018, 65th, ARI; traded to OTT)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=247318
Hlinka goals (missing the last one against Russia) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX_ZIy5C8aA

Was the goalscoring leader at the Hlinka tournament with 6+1 in 5 games, scoring in every game but the final. Followed that with 5+1 in 7 preseaon games with his WSM team. Not really a sniper, but he knows where to be to score. Born on the last day of 2018 draft eligibility, standing at 6'1" already. Loves to play physical, needs to fill out more though (only 161 lbs).

Babula

May 31, 2012
Lauko and Jenik possibly the best 00 born cze forwards ? anybody else...?

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Lauko and Jenik possibly the best 00 born cze forwards ? anybody else...?

Lauko is the best by a quite a bit. Jenik preseason stats are very good, if he continues to score in the season he will distinguish himself as the clear 2nd, but at this point I have him alongside Gajarsky and Pekar. Gajarsky is probably the most complete forward out of them.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I like the play of Jenik.. I think he'll become a 2nd or 3rd rounder by the end of the year but let's hope for higher:) If he continues like he is now, and especially after being the top goal scorer of a high prestige tournament like that, he will garner lots of attention and could sneak into the 1st round

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
This guy is in the same position as Lukas Jasek, buried and not getting ice time, but very talented and hes also one of the youngest players in the draft
May very well be better than Lauko. Should be a 2nd rounder IMO. I wonder how much stock scouts put in the U18 WJC, since Czechs are probably going to be a shit show this year. So I am guessing he could be there in the 4th or 5th round.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Haven't had the chance to caught a Czech game yet, how was his play thus far? Only 1 assist in 2 games, as I understood he had limited ice-time? On what line is he playing, what is the 1st line? He is a wild card in this draft because of his age in my view, pretty impressive numbers when factoring his age.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Haven't had the chance to caught a Czech game yet, how was his play thus far? Only 1 assist in 2 games, as I understood he had limited ice-time? On what line is he playing, what is the 1st line? He is a wild card in this draft because of his age in my view, pretty impressive numbers when factoring his age.
Jenik is playing on the 2nd line, he is one of the few Czechs that can make something happen. Can't put much weight onto his stats, the Czech team scored whooping 4 goals in 2 games, abysmal production as usual.
The biggest question mark is his health status, he seems to be injured all the time. Even today against Russia he was down on the ice for like 3 times and looked like he got injured. Fortunately he got up every time.

Babula

May 31, 2012
I don't understand Arizona's thinking here, taking Jenik from pro league to juniors, onto a mediocre team on top of that. Wrong move IMO.
Is it not like Jenik wants to play the best league in the world and just trying it through Flint... it is a freaky hard way...

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Love it....Coyotes get to watch 2 of their picks play on the same team...plus he may get to play with Dellandrea...smart move by Arizona

Babula

May 31, 2012
Love it....Coyotes get to watch 2 of their picks play on the same team...plus he may get to play with Dellandrea...smart move by Arizona

ok. Arizona is not smart moves club at all. They just can not be...

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I don't understand Arizona's thinking here, taking Jenik from pro league to juniors, onto a mediocre team on top of that. Wrong move IMO.

CHL is fine for his development path, but why the hell would you want to go to Flint? I know Nilsen was suspended for 5 years, but that whole organization continues to be a mess. You're right, wrong move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad