Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

digicamo

Mar 31, 2023
Stark has been one of the best F through 2 periods. I’ve never liked the idea of him on D.

Bilecki I think is looking great again for a 2008. Him and Reid on separate pairings in 2 years will be very fun to watch.
It’s great but also a major concern that Stark looks like our best forward. Campbell has also looked great on D across the two Friday games I’ve caught

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
with Grisolia reporting and playing tonight. The conditional 15th round pick has become a 7th round pick per Barrie’s play by play announcer.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
with Grisolia reporting and playing tonight. The conditional 15th round pick has become a 7th round pick per Barrie’s play by play announcer.
Incorrect, the conditions are related to a larger games played number with the Rangers.

Stark has been one of the best F through 2 periods. I’ve never liked the idea of him on D.

Bilecki I think is looking great again for a 2008. Him and Reid on separate pairings in 2 years will be very fun to watch.
Per Jussi via The Record… it seems like Stark is back up front permanently:

“The Matheas Stark experiment on defence is over. ‘He’s a forward now,’ coach Jussi Ahokas said after Friday’s tilt.”

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
I thought tonight was a pretty good game for Schneider. Not a lot of minutes, but he looked more comfortable. Bilecki had some really nice flashes and MacNeil didn't look lost on the top pair.

Of course, it helps when the forwards play with good defensive structure and pressure in the neutral zone.

Kitchener played well enough to win, which wasn't really the case in the first two games.

I think the decision on Stark at forward is the correct one. It didn't help that he missed most of the preseason, but he looked effective tonight.

No way last years team generates so few goals with so many chances. Will the team struggle with offence all year, or is this an early season blip?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad