Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I spent 15+ minutes yesterday adding all the WHL, OHL and NCAA teams with Sharks prospects to my favorites list.

(Hint: use city/nickname to find teams. Don't need to include league.)

Basically the issue on my end is I only got flo because that's the only legal avenue I now have to watch the Cuda. I've got very little interest in starting to watch junior/college hockey regularly. So this flohockey deal essentially amounts to me paying about five times more for the same thing I was watching last season. I mean, I don't even watch home games on here, since I'm at the arena for those.

I am going to say, though, that the broadcast just started, and the picture quality is a lot better than what I've been used to. I dunno if that's just a Bakersfield thing, though. A good test is going to be opening weekend, since we start @ Ontario, which I always dread because they seemingly can't go a single game without technical difficulties.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Carriere having a pretty solid game so far.

Cuda got their first power play and it was absolutely dreadful. Still 0-0.

I don't recognize several of these guys. It doesn't help that Nollenberger is also calling guys by the wrong name frequently.

edit: End of the first.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
These tryout defensemen are not it.

Really the one tryout that's been noticeable (in a positive way) is Boucher.

Thought it was funny Nollenberger said a couple times that the Cuda were icing a "younger" lineup due to all the tryouts from Wichita, but these guys are mostly a couple years older than our regulars.

And, Condors tie it. 2-2

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Tail end of a PK after a call on Russell, the puck somehow gets into the net after a netfront scramble. 3-2 Condors.

That one was a PPG, but all the same: Hache-Laroque have been out there for all three goals against.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
T.J. Lloyd, one of the D tryouts, scores while one of the Condors has Halttunen in a headlock? Tie game. End of the second.

Condors didn't like a hit Halttunen dealt, but the play was still going while they were distracted with that whole situation. Weird one...

Game's getting a little bit chippy, too.

I was not exaggerating:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Jasper Weatherby sighting, he goes to the box for holding and we go on another power play, which we get nothing on.

I know these are not our main forwards, but the power play has been pretty dismal tonight. We can barely get set up.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Jasper Weatherby sighting, he goes to the box for holding and we go on another power play, which we get nothing on.

I know these are not our main forwards, but the power play has been pretty dismal tonight. We can barely get set up.
Yeah the PP is especially where they need Bordeleau/Gushchin/Cardwell. Brutal to watch them try and gain the zone.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I haven't seen him much before this offseason, so I have no idea if this makes any sense. Halttunen's really good with the puck and he's been solid offensively tonight. But what I'm noticing most is that he's kind of... clumsy?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I haven't seen him much before this offseason, so I have no idea if this makes any sense. Halttunen's really good with the puck and he's been solid offensively tonight. But what I'm noticing most is that he's kind of... clumsy?
:laugh: Absolutely, that's pretty much Halttunen. Kid needs stronger legs.

Reactions: Hobocop

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Empty netter from Bakersfield to seal it, 5-3. Cuda pulled the goalie and then spent the whole time trying to block shots on the empty goal.

We fielded basically our D-team in this one, so whatever on the result. This'll be the last you see of half of these guys. Felt like line 2 (Burke/Grainger/Houle) were playing for jobs, but I don't really feel like they did anything to earn themselves a spot.

Good games from Bystedt, Halttunen, Furlong.

edit: My griping about Flohockey aside, it is nice to be watching the Cuda again. It feels like it's been ages.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad