LW Dmitry Buchelnikov - Vityaz, KHL (2022, 52nd, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So he was sent down from the VHL?

As far as I understand they don't play away. The VHL team is on the road, so him and Michkov stay home and play what what teams play in SPb. Michkov was moved to the main SKA but didn't play even a sec tonight. Buchelnikov played for the MHL SKA and scored 2+3...

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
When one day he becomes a top5 NHL player NHL fans will whine, why was he picked in the 2nd by those f***ers from Detroit and not by my team?

2+1 after 2 periods in his 3rd VHL game btw...

And my hot take: he'll be the best player of his draft, like Kucherov and Panarin are (yeah I know Panarin wasn't drafted but he's better than anybody in 2010 draft).

scoutclout

Sep 12, 2022
Nah he wasn't anything special in 2021. It's 2021-22 season when he made crazy progress.

I think it happened at the tail end of the 2020-21 season. He was one of the better Russian players at the u18 tourny just didn't have the points because of PP usage and the big boys on that team. Showed flashes of brilliance there and got on a lot of peoples radars.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
kid is realgud

giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: Realgud

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Nah he wasn't anything special in 2021. It's 2021-22 season when he made crazy progress.
He was kind of special in 20-21, at least worthy of being a serious draft candidate imo. He led Varyagi (sp?) in pts/60 quite clearly and after being promoted to SKA-1946 was able to keep scoring at a very high rate. All that while being a small MHL rookie and one of the youngest players in the draft class. Size and skating were probably what kept him from being drafted but visually the raw talent was definitely there, and it was quite easy to see the potential for a big 21-22 season.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
When one day he becomes a top5 NHL player NHL fans will whine, why was he picked in the 2nd by those f***ers from Detroit and not by my team?

2+1 after 2 periods in his 3rd VHL game btw...

And my hot take: he'll be the best player of his draft, like Kucherov and Panarin are (yeah I know Panarin wasn't drafted but he's better than anybody in 2010 draft).

The same things were talked about Chibrikov (who I thought was rightfully picked in the 2nd round). Nobody is talking about him now. IMO Yurov will be Russias best player out of this Draft not close (not saying he will be the best out of all).

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The same things were talked about Chibrikov (who I thought was rightfully picked in the 2nd round). Nobody is talking about him now. IMO Yurov will be Russias best player out of this Draft not close (not saying he will be the best out of all).

First nobody talked about Chibrikov as the next Kucherov/Panarin type. Second, Chibrikov wasn't as dominating in the MHL and VHL. Third, Buchelnikov is just on the whole another level talent wise even though Chibrikov is pretty talented.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I don’t think we can put Buchelnikov in the same category with guys like Panarin. I mean Panarin is an elite play-maker, Buchelnikov is not.

I see Buchelnikov as more of a Slava Kozlov type…a guy who is a good finisher, not big but finds ways to score. Very smart player who plays with pace.

Reactions: hockey maniac

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
First nobody talked about Chibrikov as the next Kucherov/Panarin type.

He was definitely BPA among Russians in the draft and he proves it with his play this season being the best U20 VHL player by far. In fact there are only two U23 players ahead of him in PPG, both are 2000 born 21 year olds and Chibrikov is still 18 until February.

In 10 years most NHL fans will explain with sad faces, why didn't their idiot GMs pick the kid. Mark my words...

Yeah, not quite the same description... I'm sorry... But a wise man said even then:

Chibrikov didn't look good at the U18, I have no idea what is being said here. He was a passenger who was carried by others, without Michkov he would miss half of his points. I expected a lot more from him. Kostin 2.0, nobody will know him in 4 years.

Second, Chibrikov wasn't as dominating in the MHL and VHL.

Chibrikov played against men in his draft year. We will see if Buch can match Chibrikovs VHL Draft+1 year.

Third, Buchelnikov is just on the whole another level talent wise.

If you think so. I do not.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I don’t think we can put Buchelnikov in the same category with guys like Panarin. I mean Panarin is an elite play-maker, Buchelnikov is not.

I see Buchelnikov as more of a Slava Kozlov type…a guy who is a good finisher, not big but finds ways to score. Very smart player who plays with pace.

Buchelnikov plays exactly the type of hockey Panarin played in Russia. Panarin used to score a lot in the KHL, and Buchelnikov can pass as good as anybody. I've watched a few dozen of his games not just highlights so I assure you Buchelnikov can pass. His IQ is elite, it's actually his strongest hockey quality.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
Buchelnikov plays exactly the type of hockey Panarin played in Russia. Panarin used to score a lot in the KHL, and Buchelnikov can pass as good as anybody. I've watched a few dozen of his games not just highlights so I assure you Buchelnikov can pass. His IQ is elite, it's actually his strongest hockey quality.
I agree with panarin being more of a shooter before, his game has changed a lot from chicago, then under torts (my fav version, less points than NYR but to be expected)
. Kshahdoo, are you saying now you think buchelnikov is the best u22 russian prospect ? (Ceiling wise)

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
Ceiling wise it's still Michkov, but Buchelnikov isn't far behind him.
At minimum Demidov is twice the player Buch was at his age (not speaking about Yurov). And Demidov ceiling is far higher than Buch. And I don’t think any Russian fan would see it different. And if you really think Buch is not far behind Michkov ceiling wise I don’t even know what to answer… this two played on the same team on two different lines last year and it was obvious who the far superior Talent was. As it was pretty obvious in their games in the VHL so far (even Michkov comes back from a injury and played not that well at all, but he obviously generates a ton more offense).

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
At minimum Demidov is twice the player Buch was at his age (not speaking about Yurov). And Demidov ceiling is far higher than Buch. And I don’t think any Russian fan would see it different. And if you really think Buch is not far behind Michkov ceiling wise I don’t even know what to answer… this two played on the same team on two different lines last year and it was obvious who the far superior Talent was. As it was pretty obvious in their games in the VHL so far (even Michkov comes back from a injury and played not that well at all, but he obviously generates a ton more offense).

Yeah I see, you don't agree with me. Still I'm pretty sure I'm right and you're wrong. And it looks like you didn't watch SKA-1946 a lot last season. After Michkov got back from WJC he didn't look that great while Buchelnikov was on another level. In the playoffs I'd say he looked better too. If he wasn't injured he would have won the MVP award for sure.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

NitroF

Feb 6, 2006
@Kshahdoo I very much hope you are right even if I find it hard to believe he flew under that many people's radar. People's whose jobs depends on finding this kind of talent.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad