LW Dmitry Buchelnikov - Vityaz, KHL (2022, 52nd, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
2G+3A today

I have no idea what to think about summer hockey in Russia overall, but his shot is a howitzer regardless. If he can get other parts of his game cleaned up, hes going to score some PP goals in the league

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I’m still perplexed on how the hell he slipped through the cracks for most of the season.

I mean CSS didn’t even have him ranked in their final ranking and he’s the fourth Russian off the board!?

Anyone that got to witness him during his draft year, then again this year could see the upside.How most of these big scouting organizations couldn’t? I’ll never understand.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I’m still perplexed on how the hell he slipped through the cracks for most of the season.

I mean CSS didn’t even have him ranked in their final ranking and he’s the fourth Russian off the board!?

Anyone that got to witness him during his draft year, then again this year could see the upside.How most of these big scouting organizations couldn’t? I’ll never understand.

I think it was because of his age and his size. I mean Conor Garland was almost 2 PPG in the QMJHL and was picked in the 5th round as a small overager. And he was an inch or two taller than Buchelnikov.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
I think it was because of his age and his size. I mean Conor Garland was almost 2 PPG in the QMJHL and was picked in the 5th round as a small overager. And he was an inch or two taller than Buchelnikov.
Garland is NOT taller than buchelnikov let alone an inch or two lmfao. Garland is like 5’7.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Okay let’s get back to talking about the actual prospect. Is the VHL the most likely route for him this year? Was his 5 points really against an actual KHL roster or is that league completely depleted with the war?

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Okay let’s get back to talking about the actual prospect. Is the VHL the most likely route for him this year? Was his 5 points really against an actual KHL roster or is that league completely depleted with the war?

It was against Sochi, that's Nazarov's team. So Sochi didn't wanna play typical Nazarov hockey (like zillion penalties and a few mass fights) vs kids and tried to display its offensive potential. It turned out kids were better in this kind of hockey.

Last edited:

DollardStLaurent

May 15, 2014
I think he'll spend the year splitting time between the MHL and the VHL. He's still very young and has to develop the other facets of his game.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
Hi, wondering now that we start the new season, what are the russian viewers expectation/projection for him ?
For those that watch M/V/KHL often, how does he compare to other young russian prospect ? ( esp. trikozov, chibrikov etc,)
thank you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad