LW Dmitry Buchelnikov - Vityaz, KHL (2022, 52nd, DET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JohnJim

Mar 19, 2022
Thanks for these updates, Caser!

Seems like quite a talent. He isn't listed on many draft rankings yet. But surely scouts have taken notice of him, right? He seems to have everything it takes to become a solid goal scorer in NHL in the future. I just heard about him today after looking at the MHL stats, lol! Dude is flying under the radar.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Thanks for these updates, Caser!

Seems like quite a talent. He isn't listed on many draft rankings yet. But surely scouts have taken notice of him, right? He seems to have everything it takes to become a solid goal scorer in NHL in the future. I just heard about him today after looking at the MHL stats, lol! Dude is flying under the radar.
I personally have him in the top 20 for the draft right now. But he is definitely flying under the radar because of him being an overager for the draft plus being Russian. He is one of the most offensively talented players in the draft for sure.

JohnJim

Mar 19, 2022
I personally have him in the top 20 for the draft right now. But he is definitely flying under the radar because of him being an overager for the draft plus being Russian. He is one of the most offensively talented players in the draft for sure.
Yeah, I mean, I don't have a chance to watch his full games, but from these highlights and his stats I get a picture of him being super talented. Great one timer, dekes, skating, IQ etc. So I agree, he must definitely be one of the most talented offensive players available. I'd guess he'll be taken somewhere in the early to mid second round because of his size and age.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I’ll be shocked if he gets past the 2nd round. Think he has the talent to be a late 1st/early 2nd pick.

Look at his age/league comps like Kisakov who was a mid 2nd and is near a year older but they were technically draft eligible same year.

Reactions: JohnJim

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s an overager and you always have to be careful with players who almost all of their success comes from the outside… and that’s on small ice. So it’s double concern on bigger ice.

That’s not to say he can’t play in the NHL, or even become a good player, but you can absolutely see why he’s not raved about.

A lot of teams wont touch him in the first 3-4 rounds but some might take a shot at him in the 3rd.

His stats alone will get him a shot but it’s a reach to take a player like this early in the draft. To many teams have been burned over the years.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
He’s an overager and you always have to be careful with players who almost all of their success comes from the outside… and that’s on small ice. So it’s double concern on bigger ice.

That’s not to say he can’t play in the NHL, or even become a good player, but you can absolutely see why he’s not raved about.

A lot of teams wont touch him in the first 3-4 rounds but some might take a shot at him in the 3rd.

His stats alone will get him a shot but it’s a reach to take a player like this early in the draft. To many teams have been burned over the years.
I haven't counted how many big (European size) ice rinks are still remaining in the MHL (if any), but Buchelnikov plays his home games on the small (North American size) ice.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

That begs the question then, what makes him so different from guys like Lambert, or Mesar, or Savoie?
All these guys are highly touted, and all are very successful with creating offence from the perimeter, Buchelnikov is just as good as these guys but because he is one year their senior he drops down to the 4th round? Seems like it’s thinking like this that causes Kucherov to be drafted in the 2nd round, or Panarin to go completely undrafted or Rashevsky to fall to the 5th round as a double overager.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I thought he had a chance to be a 2nd-3rd round pick this year, but with all the Russia drama probably not

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I thought he had a chance to be a 2nd-3rd round pick this year, but with all the Russia drama probably not

Panarin wasn't picked at all, did it prevent him becoming an NHL superstar and getting $11M contract?

Even if Buchelnikov is picked in the 7th round, one day fans of all other NHL teams will envy fans of the team that drafted him...

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Panarin wasn't picked at all, did it prevent him becoming an NHL superstar and getting $11M contract?

Even if Buchelnikov is picked in the 7th round, one day fans of all other NHL teams will envy fans of the team that drafted him...
I agree. He is a first round talent. But I am not expecting him to be drafted until after the third round.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Love the big upside here at 52. Yzerman and co. not afraid of proving that these picks aren't so much of a risk.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Pretty excited about this kid. Overager by a week or so, but with all the covid shit that has went on the last couple years I dont really care.

Looks like he has a shot and skill galore. Its been a while since the wings have had a stud russian so hopefully he can pan out

Reactions: Ricelund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad