LW Cole Eiserman - USNTDP U18 (2024, 20th, NYI)

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
2 goals so far tonight. He took a rough fall on an awkward hit on a partial 2-on-1 late in the 2nd. Went into the boards hard on his shoulder but has been playing since. Sweden has been taking a lot of runs at him tonight. He definitely stared down the Swedish bench on his way back to his own bench on the PP goal he just scored. The Kyle Connor comparison is good but Eiserman is much more involved physically at the same age - both in terms of playing physically but also not avoiding it.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
2 goals so far tonight. He took a rough fall on an awkward hit on a partial 2-on-1 late in the 2nd. Went into the boards hard on his shoulder but has been playing since. Sweden has been taking a lot of runs at him tonight. He definitely stared down the Swedish bench on his way back to his own bench on the PP goal he just scored. The Kyle Connor comparison is good but Eiserman is much more involved physically at the same age - both in terms of playing physically but also not avoiding it.
Really like this kid!

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
2g, 3a so far in the gold medal game. His 19 points would be a tournament record if not for Hagens breaking the record earlier in the game
his performance has definitely gone a little under the radar because of how damn good Hagens has been.

I think it‘s only right Colin White doesn‘t hold that type of record haha

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
At this rate the Gophers might need to accelerate him and have him come in as a 17 year old the whole season, which is very rare. Toews, Werenski, Cammalleri, and a few others since 2000.

If he does that at least he could play with Cooley.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At this rate the Gophers might need to accelerate him and have him come in as a 17 year old the whole season, which is very rare. Toews, Werenski, Cammalleri, and a few others since 2000.

If he does that at least he could play with Cooley.

Early birthdays rarely accelerate. It’s only been done like two or three times the last ten years.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Hagens or Eiserman?

I thought the discussion was Eiserman because this was the Eiserman thread, but maybe I missed part of the context of the discussion.
Eiserman...

Eiserman is in 11th grade. Most 11th graders are August 2005-July 2006. He is August 2006. He is very young for his grade in school. So if he wanted to go to college next year he will need to finish both 11th and 12th grade this year. Just like so many others that accelerate. Most of them turn 18 during their freshman year of college but he's young so he'd be 17 the whole season.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Eiserman will never play in college. Too young for the jump and he’s looking like the #1 overall pick for 2024.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Eiserman...

Eiserman is in 11th grade. Most 11th graders are August 2005-July 2006. He is August 2006. He is very young for his grade in school. So if he wanted to go to college next year he will need to finish both 11th and 12th grade this year. Just like so many others that accelerate. Most of them turn 18 during their freshman year of college but he's young so he'd be 17 the whole season.
Kids accelerate a lot now, it’s just usually kids who are late birthdays in a year like an October or November kid who’s school cutoff was September 1st so the jump isn’t that crazy. The youngest player I can remember who accelerated was Werenski who was a July birthday

The other thing I just thought of I don’t know how the NTDP would handle his player agreement. Someone might know better than me but Im pretty sure these kids sign 2 year agreements with the NTDP and there’s like a $50k exit fee if they leave early. Now usually if a kid leaves and heads to Major Junior, the major junior team agrees to pay the exit fee. I don’t know if he accelerated and left after a year to go to school like Hanifin and Werenski did, if he’d have to pay the fee

Last edited:

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
Currently sitting at 30 goals in 29 games for the program.

Should be with the U18s sometime this season

north21

May 1, 2014
MN
Eiserman will never play in college. Too young for the jump and he’s looking like the #1 overall pick for 2024.

Still might not hurt to play one year of college to bulk up and gain some experience.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
31 in 30 for U17. Soon to be 2nd all time.

Caufield: 44 in 40
White: 33 in 47
Eiserman: 31 in 30
Kessel: 31 in 32
Lucius: 31 in 46

Reactions: William H Bonney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad