LW Cole Eiserman - Boston Uni (2024, 20th, NYI)

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
First time seeing him play.

He visibly stands out very quickly. Elite skater. You won't see many better skaters. Very good 1v1 puck skills and has an attack mentality. Great shot. Playmaking is good, but he's a goal-scorer. He's more of a player that excels off the rush than a player who is going to control a game in the offensive zone.

He kind of feels like a very safe prospect. I would bank on him being a very good NHL player and maybe a borderline star, but I would hope there are better players in the 2024 draft. Brings little defensively, not the biggest, not really an elite playmaker, or a guy who controls a game.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA

He visibly stands out very quickly. Elite skater. You won't see many better skaters. Very good 1v1 puck skills and has an attack mentality. Great shot. Playmaking is good, but he's a goal-scorer. He's more of a player that excels off the rush than a player who is going to control a game in the offensive zone.

He kind of feels like a very safe prospect. I would bank on him being a very good NHL player and maybe a borderline star, but I would hope there are better players in the 2024 draft. Brings little defensively, not the biggest, not really an elite playmaker, or a guy who controls a game.
I’m not sure if he’s a center at the NHL level. Now, I don’t usually follow guys two years before their draft, but I think his speed and natural goal scoring ability make him a top 3 pick next year unless somebody really comes up.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
I’m not sure if he’s a center at the NHL level. Now, I don’t usually follow guys two years before their draft, but I think his speed and natural goal scoring ability make him a top 3 pick next year unless somebody really comes up.
He's playing wing on a line with Hagens as the centre this year with the NTDP. He also played wing every time I watched him the last two years with Shattuck. If anybody has listed him as a centre, they're mistaken or I have terrible timing. He's a prototypical goal-scoring winger.

I agree with your assessment, too, about his draft stock.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

He reminds me of Kyle Connor.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Sedins, Sundstrom, Ferraro, Sutter...all these twin brothers had the same amount of talent. Doesn't sound like Caden is on the same level as Cole.
After the Sedins the gap in talent between the 3 other sets of brothers was quite a bit.

Nevermind on the sutters as you mean Ron and Rich and I was thinking the whole clan, although not every Sutter makes the NHL either.

But even with Ron and Rich there was a difference.

But then again maybe there is something there and Cole Eiserman is the exception?

It's quite likely that Eiserman will end up being the most talented of all the guys named above and at this age extremely so.

Reactions: Bubbles

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
After the Sedins the gap in talent between the 3 other sets of brothers was quite a bit.

Nevermind on the sutters as you mean Ron and Rich and I was thinking the whole clan, although not every Sutter makes the NHL either.

But then again maybe there is something there and Cole Eiserman is the exception?

It's quite likely that Eiserman will end up being the most talented of all the guys named above and at this age extremely so.
Henrik Lundqvist also has a twin, but he played a different position. Same with the Colaiacovo twins.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

I left out the Lundqvist bros too, but at least they all made the NHL in some way.

Caden Eiserman doesn't seem like a legit prospect, is all I'm saying.

Reactions: wetcoast

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Now that is a great comparison. Couldn’t think of one, but that’s the comparison.
I agree. Best comparison in playing style I've seen. I don't know how much of an edge Connor played with when he was Eiserman's age, but Eiserman now has a bit more of an edge to his game than Connor does as an NHLer. But yeah, the skating, the anticipation, the quick hands, the shot. It's very Connor-esque.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad