• Jakub Dobes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yevgeni Volokhin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
Surprised Beck is still available. I did have him higher. It has to be Owen Beck now? Certainly the most NHL ready right now.
Owen Beck for #8 then.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I rarely participate in this but now...it's fun to do so. Question...who determines that Jack Smith will enter the survey before the others after him? 'cause Jack Smith will never see a Habs jersey unless he buys it.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Surprised Beck is still available. I did have him higher. It has to be Owen Beck now? Certainly the most NHL ready right now.
Owen Beck for #8 then.
It's not close to NOT being him and it's, with cause, the most lopsided poll (after Demidov).

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I rarely participate in this but now...it's fun to do so. Question...who determines that Jack Smith will enter the survey before the others after him? 'cause Jack Smith will never see a Habs jersey unless he buys it.
I guess the list was put out according to prior rankings and/or draft round?
But even then, Smith wasn't that high last year...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

I guess the list was put out according to prior rankings and/or draft round?
But even then, Smith wasn't that high last year...

The order is last year ranking with the new guys sprinkled in. It is then modified every thread with who people asked to be added in (in order of votes, tiebreaker is first asked in current thread).

If you look in thread #1, Smith was in the bottom. Someone asked for him at some point so he went up and now keeps being pushed down as people ask for others to be added.

In this thread, we have someone asking for Rohrer to be added, so Rohrer will leapfrog a bunch of names including Smith.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
And Reinbacher.
... yeah come to think of it, this one too was really obvious.

The order is last year ranking with the new guys sprinkled in. It is then modified every thread with who people asked to be added in (in order of votes, tiebreaker is first asked in current thread).

If you look in thread #1, Smith was in the bottom. Someone asked for him at some point so he went up and now keeps being pushed down as people ask for others to be added.

In this thread, we have someone asking for Rohrer to be added, so Rohrer will leapfrog a bunch of names including Smith.

1720622686890.png

• Haha
Reactions: overlords

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
... yeah come to think of it, this one too was really obvious.

View attachment 893826

It was most definitely a troll pick, but I decided to take all votes because very few people actually vote on next addition.

Smith could get in now and it would have very little effect because only 2-4 guys get relevant poll results anyway. He would just stay at 0 for 30 polls.

Reactions: MXD

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
And Reinbacher.

There is a clear “tier” in our pool imo,

Superstar:
Demidov

Elite:
Hutson
Reinbacher

Potential Top 6 / Top 4 / starting G:
Mailloux
Hage
Roy
Fowler

Potential Middle 6 / #4-5 D men
Beck
Engstrom
Kapanen

That’s how I have our top 10. There’s players on the board that could ultimately land in any of these slots (maybe not superstar/elite), but I feel the top 10 all have a decent chance of hitting this potential.

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
There is a clear “tier” in our pool imo,

Superstar:
Demidov

Elite:
Hutson
Reinbacher

Potential Top 6 / Top 4 / starting G:
Mailloux
Hage
Roy
Fowler

Potential Middle 6 / #4-5 D men
Beck
Engstrom
Kapanen

That’s how I have our top 10. There’s players on the board that could ultimately land in any of these slots (maybe not superstar/elite), but I feel the top 10 all have a decent chance of hitting this potential.
Listening to the coach for Saginaw, he feels that when they acquired Owen Beck, Beck was everything he could have hoped for and more! Even suggested that he could have some more offense in him. Beck is going to fit in seamlessly now and if he does put up some offence, Beck is going to be a real steal. (surely he should slot into the "Potential Top 6 / Top 4 / starting G"? I mean, I know Phil Danault was a #1 center for the Habs, (bad example) but Owen Beck projects to be better! Just my 2cents.:cool:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad