GDT: Los Angeles Kings vs Montreal Canadiens 11/10/16 7:30pm EST SN360, RDS, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Not true. Google Habs booing anthem and you'll see that it happened more than once and for numerous reasons. Mostly because US Anthem = American team we hate and want to beat. But if I'm also not mistaken, didn't the Habs fans booed the anthem just after George Bush Jr. was elected? Reason why I think it might happen with Trump.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/don-t-boo-u-s-national-anthem-habs-gainey-1.775463

I'd be surprised if it gets repeated we are a more understanding crowd now? :sarcasm:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Ugh, doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I know we got Price, but man...

That the reason for the post.

Going to be a tough game with two skilled teams and it will be a test for the Habs....as well as the Kings. Good to see Budaj again but hope he's on the wrong end of the only stat that matters.

Go Habs Go!!!

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
People are ready to hear the US anthem being booed? Not that I'd do it personnally of course...but that's the kind of crowd we usually have...If Lacroix is awaken, he'll tell them in advance NOT to do it.

Habs fans in attendance need to be careful.

They really might end up with Miley Cyrus, Lena Dunham, Cher and Katy Perry sucking up Canadian oxygen. :sarcasm:

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
So Pateryn and DD out, Hanley and Ghetto in.

Interesting. Wonder if health with Pateryn or punishment?

Jul 6, 2016
So Pateryn and DD out, Hanley and Ghetto in.

Interesting. Wonder if health with Pateryn or punishment?

He would had been needed against a physical team like L.A..... In a trade talk ???

Who's gonna play on right side ? Hanley or Beaulieu ?

Jul 6, 2016
That the reason for the post.

Going to be a tough game with two skilled teams and it will be a test for the Habs....as well as the Kings. Good to see Budaj again but hope he's on the wrong end of the only stat that matters.

Go Habs Go!!!

Budaj and Condon are burning the league !!!!:laugh:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Desharnais scratched :scared::yo:

Pateryn scratched :(

Pateryn has been solid, but his play has dipped quite a bit lately. A day off to watch from the box could be good for him. Can't forget he hasn't been a full time player in quite a while.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Didn't expect Pateryn to be a scratch against a big Kings team. I don't get that move from MT at all.

The DD scratch is deserved. If the guy wants to stay in the lineup he needs to earn his ice time and right now he isn't.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
So is dd actually scratched?

giphy.gif

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
So another night where we play 5 defenceman. Hanley will not play regulat shift.

We're gonna overplay Weber, Petry, Markov once again.

Jul 6, 2016
I bet the Habs finally outshoot a team for the first time in weeks and still lose 2-1.

last year, they played excellent games vs Washington and L.A. at the beginning of their big meltdown. Actually, they were playing better than at the start of the 2015-16 season but were losing games. Price absence was the big question mark, and MB acquired the famous Ben Scrivens.....

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
David Desharnais, Greg Pateryn out, Sven Andrighetto, Joel Hanley in vs #kings

wow, finally happened, mini mee is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Pateryn has been solid, but his play has dipped quite a bit lately. A day off to watch from the box could be good for him. Can't forget he hasn't been a full time player in quite a while.

Pateryn is not used to play that much at this level. Giving him around 10 games off this season would not be a bad idea.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Kinda sucks we're dismantling the awesome 4th line. Really wish we could put McCarron on the 3rd but I'm also glad Danault is getting a promotion. He deserves it.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I bet the Habs finally outshoot a team for the first time in weeks and still lose 2-1.

not likely. The kings are corsi darlings and outshoot their opponents almost every night.
I am going to go the opposite and say LA outshoots Montreal by at least 10 shots but losses by 2+ goals.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Hanley being in is ok. It's not like we were going to challenge the Kings physically even if Pateryn was in, so having a defensemen in there who can move the puck is not a bad idea. Kings have a strong forechecking game. We'll need to move the puck quickly once they dump it in and I just don't see Pateryn doing that. Might as well give Hanley a chance. He was decent last year.

Glad to see DD is finally pulled. I'll be interested to see how the team plays without him. He's simply not contributing and is not an effective NHLer. Again, might as well let one of the kids play and see if they can bring some offense.

I'm working tonight, so I'll miss the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad