GDT: Los Angeles Kings vs Montreal Canadiens 11/10/16 7:30pm EST SN360, RDS, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantoms MTL

Jul 28, 2014
LA Kings 1st in the league in shots against
Montreal 30th in the league in shots against

LA Kings 3rd in the league in shots for
Montreal 27th in the league in shots for

Should be interesting.

Shots aren't everything

Montreal 6th in the league for Goals for
LA Kings 16th in the league for Goals for

Montreal 5th in the league for Goals against
LA Kings 6th in the league for Goals against

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
People are ready to hear the US anthem being booed? Not that I'd do it personnally of course...but that's the kind of crowd we usually have...If Lacroix is awaken, he'll tell them in advance NOT to do it.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
People are ready to hear the US anthem being booed? Not that I'd do it personnally of course...but that's the kind of crowd we usually have...If Lacroix is awaken, he'll tell them in advance NOT to do it.

That would be embarrassing for Montreal and all of Canada if they boo the anthem.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Desharnais a healthy scratch?

3o89.jpg

not-sure-if-real-life-or-just-fantasy-fry-mercury.jpg

GO HABS GO :yo:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
That would be embarrassing for Montreal and all of Canada if they boo the anthem.

We've done it before. We'll do it again. And personnally, I will be embarass for them. Not going to take the blame for something I don't do. But I know this board will be all over it.

Let just hope it doesn't happen.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

The last time anything like that happened was when Canadian soldiers were killed by American planes and the Canadian government asked for an investigation and the Detroit Piston fans decided to boo the Canadian anthem at a Raptors game. That's when the "patriots" at the Bell Center decided to return the favor.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Feels like a game they actually play well in. It's also about time they had a good game (yeah, they're winning but we all know they've been ****).

Montreal 5-1

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
If anything, now to be the moment to give the US of A lots of love, not scorn, the same way you wouldn't laugh at somebody who's experiencing a painful breakup.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Honestly, that kings lineup isn't that impressive.

But i'm mad jealous at their size and toughness and system.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
The last time anything like that happened was when Canadian soldiers were killed by American planes and the Canadian government asked for an investigation and the Detroit Piston fans decided to boo the Canadian anthem at a Raptors game. That's when the "patriots" at the Bell Center decided to return the favor.

Not true. Google Habs booing anthem and you'll see that it happened more than once and for numerous reasons. Mostly because US Anthem = American team we hate and want to beat. But if I'm also not mistaken, didn't the Habs fans booed the anthem just after George Bush Jr. was elected? Reason why I think it might happen with Trump.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/don-t-boo-u-s-national-anthem-habs-gainey-1.775463

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Shots aren't everything

Very good for a team that's used what, 7 goalies so far this year?

Hope we come out strong and play a strong 60

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Just get rid of anthems. It's dumb in pro sports, especially since players come from all over the damn world.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Honestly, that kings lineup isn't that impressive.

But i'm mad jealous at their size and toughness and system.

They were built like the Bruins, they won 2 Cups but going forward with the way the game is changing into a much faster game, teams like this aren't going to be competitive IMO.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Shots aren't everything

The problem is that we're playing with probability-fire. Sure, 5th in goals against, but with a .950 SV% to make that possible. No team can consistently allow 35+ shots and expect to win games. Yes, Price stops almost all of them, but it's an unnecessary burden with the quality d-men we have. We've had this issue in previous years, we've also turned it around. We should be and have been much better at shot-suppression. We should be clearing our zone much faster and more effectively. Part of the problem is coaching; part is the players looking disorganized and missing their assignments.

The shots-for I'm less worried about. Habs are taking a good amount of shots, and even if slightly fewer go in, the scoring will still be good. Our shooting% is high, but not ridiculously so.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Just get rid of anthems. It's dumb in pro sports, especially since players come from all over the damn world.

Ask the guy fighting in Afghanistan right now what he thinks about removing the anthem.......then we can completely forget that there are people fighting overseas for our way of living.

Keep the anthem, honour our soldiers, it's 3min of our lives!!

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Not true. Google Habs booing anthem and you'll see that it happened more than once and for numerous reasons. Mostly because US Anthem = American team we hate and want to beat. But if I'm also not mistaken, didn't the Habs fans booed the anthem just after George Bush Jr. was elected? Reason why I think it might happen with Trump.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/don-t-boo-u-s-national-anthem-habs-gainey-1.775463

Yeah, you're right. Man time flies when you're not having fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad