GDT: Los Angeles Kings vs Montreal Canadiens 11/10/16 7:30pm EST SN360, RDS, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
LA Kings 1st in the league in shots against
Montreal 30th in the league in shots against

LA Kings 3rd in the league in shots for
Montreal 27th in the league in shots for

Should be interesting.

Neither extreme is sustainable. We're not that bad; LA without Quick is not that good. I'd say "We're due", but that could just as easily mean we're due to lose. I vote for "We're due to outshoot someone". Or maybe both will happen.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I should be looking forward to this first game without Desharnais in the lineup, but now I'm wondering if Patches will pout all night and have (another) off game.

Seriously, I don't know if it's been discussed, but I think he could rank among the worst captains in Habs history... :sarcasm:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Desharnais a healthy scratch?

3o89.jpg

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Should be interesting.

Montreal Canadiens 1st in the league.....11-1-1 :naughty:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Should be interesting.

Philadelphia Flyers 1st in the league in shots for

Philadelphia Flyers 6 in the league in shots against

Philadelphia Flyers 0 wins 2 losses vs. the Habs

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Kings are a great team even without their starting goalie.
Habs will get embarrassed on home ice tonight like they did a few years ago when LA beat them 6-0.
I look at the 11-1-1 record and I ask myself if this team is really that good.

Price will lose his first game of the season tonight.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Only game I've had a bad feeling for so far other than the Columbus game (was expecting a loss not a massacre). With Price in nets though you never know. Hoping it's a good one because a big loss with Price in could really damage the team's confidence. I have faith though!

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Should be interesting.

Ugh, doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I know we got Price, but man...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Ugh, doesn't exactly inspire confidence. I know we got Price, but man...
Montreal always seems to step up for these games though. Then of course we'll get blown out by the Sabres... :laugh:

Neither extreme is sustainable. We're not that bad; LA without Quick is not that good. I'd say "We're due", but that could just as easily mean we're due to lose. I vote for "We're due to outshoot someone". Or maybe both will happen.
LA has been top of the league for a long time. They may not sustain their record with a backup but the play in front of him will help him.

As for us - how is it not sustainable for us to stay near the bottom in possession numbers? We've been near the bottom in possession for a long time. We had about 40 games last year where we were top of the league but the last 40 we were at the very bottom. Why is it surprising that we're at the bottom now?

A .950 save percentage is unsustainable though. Even Price can't finish with that. That would be the best season ever by a goalie by a mile. Our 11.6 shooting percentage (3rd in the league) is probably unsustainable as well.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Should be interesting.

Yet they are 16th in the league in goals for......this tells me that they can't capitalize

Also they shoot 4.5 shots more than Montreal per game.....with Price's save percentage, they'd score 1 more goal every 3rd game.......we play them twice a year.......:popcorn:

Habs win 6-2

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yet they are 16th in the league in goals for......this tells me that they can't capitalize

Also they shoot 4.5 shots more than Montreal per game.....with Price's save percentage, they'd score 1 more goal every 3rd game.......we play them twice a year.......:popcorn:

Habs win 6-2
Who do you think has a better chance at a cup? LA or Montreal?

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
It's a good thing Price is part of the team then.....:naughty:

Maybe we should've drafted Gilbert Brûlé

or anze kopitar who has two stanley cup rings... and a team that goes from first to last because of one player is not a well constructed team.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Kings are a great team even without their starting goalie.
Habs will get embarrassed on home ice tonight like they did a few years ago when LA beat them 6-0.
I look at the 11-1-1 record and I ask myself if this team is really that good.

Price will lose his first game of the season tonight.

No team is as good as an 11-1-1 record.

Kings play the polar opposite style to the Habs and could very well kill them with total zone dominance, but I remain convinced the crap possession we've been seeing from our guys won't/can't last. Maybe it's our D transitioning from something to something else. Don't know, but we should be much more solid with the current personnel.

All that said, yeah, I can see a loss incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad