GDT: Los Angeles Kings vs Montreal Canadiens 11/10/16 7:30pm EST SN360, RDS, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
Weather or not some idiots decide to boo the antiquated ritual that is the anthem is the least of my concerns. Its a waste of time that has nothing to do with the game.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
DD finally scratched?!?

rejoice.png

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Who goes to 3C, Shaw? Or bump Mitchell up to 3C and Flynn to 4C?

Danault-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Andrighetto-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Shaw-Carr
Byron-Mitchell-Flynn

or, Mitchell at 3C, Shaw at RW and Carr on 4th line RW. Obviously Shaw isn't an ideal 3C but I'd be fine with it for a bit to see how Danault looks on that wing. He's earned an increase in ice time.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Have no idea how you are building a kid's confident for playing badly for 1 game IN A ROW....A couple of guys like Lehkonen was having, if he would not have been injured, he would have sat out. Not as a punishment, as a break, go look what's going on, calm down, regroup and come back.

Pateryn's not playing is...you are playing badly for 1 game, you sit. And the funny part is that if we lead, just watch how many minutes Hanley will get and just how much icetime will that mean for the rest of the 5 guys. It's extra icetime for them tonight.

A kid? Hes 26 years old.
And how many times has he been scratched already? A lot of times, and it didnt seem to affect his confidence. One more game scratched is not going to have an effect.

Also, he supposedly plays a simple and safe game, so if hes struggling, hes not bringing much to the team. Beaulieu needs confidence to do his offensive plays, so scratching him would be understandbly stupid. But Pateryn is different.

Also, you say that if we lead, Hanley is not going to get a lot of minutes. But its the same thing with Pateryn...

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I was hoping Desharnais would be scratched after the 10-0 debacle. So happy right now.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Are people really worried about Pateryn? For god's sake he's a #6 defenseman, do we really need to think about his feelings when he gets benched for a game or two.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Weather or not some idiots decide to boo the antiquated ritual that is the anthem is the least of my concerns. Its a waste of time that has nothing to do with the game.

Honouring our troops, past and present is a waste of time now???......on the eve of November 11th to boot!!!

It's 3 minutes of our time, that's all. Is it the fact that you have to stand and remove your cap??

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No team is as good as an 11-1-1 record.

Kings play the polar opposite style to the Habs and could very well kill them with total zone dominance, but I remain convinced the crap possession we've been seeing from our guys won't/can't last. Maybe it's our D transitioning from something to something else. Don't know, but we should be much more solid with the current personnel.

All that said, yeah, I can see a loss incoming.
Price isn't going to lose to Budaj. :)

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Are people really worries about Pateryn? For god's sake he's a #6 defenseman, do we really need to think about his feelings when he gets benched for a game or two.

Every decision MT makes will be mocked. I think it's fine. Like the guy but he had a bad game. Internal competition is always a good thing.

Sword

May 26, 2014
DD not playing tonight will be the reason why Habs gets shutout by the Kings

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
At 5 on 5 last year we were 5th in CF and 13th in CA. 11th in FF and 11th in FA. Not what i would call bottom.
True. For 40 games we were best in the league. For 40 games we were the worst. For most of the past three years we've been near the bottom. I just think that our lineup is better than that.

Shots aren't everything

Montreal 6th in the league for Goals for
LA Kings 16th in the league for Goals for

Montreal 5th in the league for Goals against
LA Kings 6th in the league for Goals against
Okay. What would our goals against be if we had Budaj? What would their goals against be if they had Price?

The gulf between us and the Kings shouldn't be as wide as it is in terms of play. We should at least be able to put up average numbers in terms of controlling play. Yes, we've scored but it's not going to last if we can't get our shots up.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
So Pateryn and DD out, Hanley and Ghetto in.

Interesting. Wonder if health with Pateryn or punishment?

Couple of brutal turnovers/giveaways that led to goal/offensive chances for Pateryn

i like his play, and turnovers happen, but i dont think he should of got benched for it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
People are ready to hear the US anthem being booed? Not that I'd do it personnally of course...but that's the kind of crowd we usually have...If Lacroix is awaken, he'll tell them in advance NOT to do it.
I sincerely hope that doesn't happen.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
True. For 40 games we were best in the league. For 40 games we were the worst. For most of the past three years we've been near the bottom. I just think that our lineup is better than that.

Okay. What would our goals against be if we had Budaj? What would their goals against be if they had Price?

The gulf between us and the Kings shouldn't be as wide as it is in terms of play. We should at least be able to put up average numbers in terms of controlling play. Yes, we've scored but it's not going to last if we can't get our shots up.

What's our goals for if we had Kopitar?.......

What's there goals for if they had DD?....

We have DD centering one line and Plekanec centering the other, not exactly your offensive machines teams wish for

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What's our goals for if we had Kopitar?.......

What's there goals for if they had DD?....

We have DD centering one line and Plekanec centering the other, not exactly your offensive machines teams wish for
So this is a bottom third talent team then? We can't do better than dead last in shots against and 27th in shots for? MT's getting the most out of this lineup?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
So this is a bottom third talent team then? We can't do better than dead last in shots against and 27th in shots for? MT's getting the most out of this lineup?

Of course we can, we have our problems, the shot for/against is a small problem.

On the other hand, you gotta think that LA has bigger problems, they can't score or convert on their chances.

DD and Plekanec are suppose to drive the offence, they obviously aren't, hence the lower shot totals.

Give me Hanzel and another top 4 D and you'll see the gap close up. We are close LG, just not quite all the way.

You put DD On LA, and they don't have their present numbers.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
A kid? Hes 26 years old.
And how many times has he been scratched already? A lot of times, and it didnt seem to affect his confidence. One more game scratched is not going to have an effect.

Also, he supposedly plays a simple and safe game, so if hes struggling, hes not bringing much to the team. Beaulieu needs confidence to do his offensive plays, so scratching him would be understandbly stupid. But Pateryn is different.

Also, you say that if we lead, Hanley is not going to get a lot of minutes. But its the same thing with Pateryn...

Yeah, he is based on the fact that it's actually his 1st year he's a PERMANENT fixture on this D squad. Then, yes....he was playing lights out and then started the Sergachev-Pateryn dance and all of a sudden, his play was affected by it. Mind you, not bashing the Sergachev usage, I LOVE that he got the games he did. Just saying, that not playing will affect his play. It did. And based on today's message, you have to hope that he doesn't start next game being afraid of sitting the next.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Hoping to see Ghetto play like a mad man , he has to seize his chance and finally establish himself. Maybe he could spark Plek , he can pass the puck pretty good.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I can think of much more appropriate situations to honor the troops than a non-international sport event.

Still, please, don't boo the US anthem. They need love, not kicks in the balls.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
...Hanzal would be a great 3rd C, but 2nd C...? That would be like, asking him to be something he never was, isn't and will never be.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Where's the cartwheel emoji?

Long overdue and excited to see Danault in a better role

Pateryn was pretty horrible against the Bruins so was expecting that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad